276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Evil Dead Rise [Blu-ray]

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Blu-ray can't help but fall short of its UHD counterpart: even for a movie-only disc, this is awfully tough source material to squeeze comfortably onto a

Evil Dead Rise Blu-ray (Bilingual) (Canada) Evil Dead Rise Blu-ray (Bilingual) (Canada)

described as extremely difficult source material. (Just imagine watching this kind of movie on DVD or SD/HD streaming platforms -- it'd be a Plot: What’s it about? Video: How’s it look? Audio: How’s it sound? Supplements: What are the extras? The Bottom Line Plot: What’s it about?

cinematography, effective music and sound design, and a running time that doesn't wear out its welcome once it gets going. This Blu-ray/DVD I'm not the world's biggest Evil Dead fan by any stretch, with my lifetime experience limited to a few stray viewings of Sam Raimi's original three films during my teenage and twenty-something years... and that's pretty much it. I Instead of focusing on the one man-god Bruce Campbell or somebody similar, Evil Dead Rise follows a single mother named Ellie who has three kids and is all living in a soon-to-be demolished high-rise apartment. The tattoo artist's money isn't rolling in, which is where the kids try and make any money they can to help out. Ellie's sister Beth comes to visit when an earthquake rattles Los Angeles and creates a hole underneath their high-rise. One of the children explores the hole and finds a crusty old book, some ancient artifacts, and some records, which of course, invite the horror to come. of appealing to die-hard franchise devotees, total newcomers, and people like myself (AKA "somewhere in the middle") by retaining its peaks including a creepy-looking book that might be valuable and even a few dusty records (presumably for sampling!). Ellie, Beth, and their neighbors

Evil Dead Rise’ 4K UHD Blu-Ray Review - Geek Vibes Nation ‘Evil Dead Rise’ 4K UHD Blu-Ray Review - Geek Vibes Nation

But while you can take the gore-soaking, eye-gouging, limb-ripping and now, horrifically, cheese-grating ( Note: technically, that should be skin-grating…) out of the woods, seems like you can’t quite take the woods out of the…you get my drift. very well-represented -- if not a bit mushy in its darkest moments -- which can be a bit distracting but it certainly doesn't render the film anywhere appearance that gives the film a more boosted and unnatural look. Of course I'm saying all this in hindsight: those who didn't (or have no plans to) see Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has announced that it will release on 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray Lee Cronin's Evil Dead Rise (2023), starring Lily Sullivan, Alyssa Sutherland, Morgan Davies (XII), Gabrielle Echols, and Nell Fisher. The two releases are scheduled to ... For more about Evil Dead Rise 4K and the Evil Dead Rise 4K Blu-ray release, see Evil Dead Rise 4K Blu-ray Review published by Randy Miller III on June 22, 2023 where this Blu-ray release scored 3.5 out of 5.away from using they/them pronouns; and precocious Kassie (Nell Fisher), who attaches spears to her doll's head. They're living in an apartment could argue that it doesn't help us care about the affected family, but I'd argue that wouldn't have helped much.) Viewers will feel an uncanny

Evil Dead Rise 4K Blu-ray Review | AVForums

cousins and of their boyfriends on a lakeside cabin retreat gone wrong -- that's only kinda-sorta resolved during the film's closing moments. (The For his first big main feature film, Lee Cronin is assisted by Rob Tapert, Bruce Campbell, and the Raimi brothers in making sure this Evil Dead Risemovie is scary, bloody, and gobs of fun while introducing new characters and settings. Usually, these films take place in a remote cabin with adults looking for a small romantic getaway. With this new sibling successor, the location is transported to a condemned high-rise building in Los Angeles with young kids the primary focus of the ensuing carnage. These elements haven't really been fully explored before in this realm, but Cronin keeps its pacing tight and the horror at an all-time high throughout the movie.

horror classics, from several Evil Dead entries to genre staples like The Shining. Yet none of its highlights stand out as strongly as Alyssa Sutherland's central And so Lee Cronin’s fifth entry starts off exactly where you would expect it – in a cabin. In the woods. And its one of his few stumbles in an otherwise brilliantly propulsive, claustrophobic and brilliantly bloody take on the classic Deadites. While there’s nothing wrong per se with the cold open here – it feels VERY Sam Raimi both in terms of its execution and its unbridled glee at the bodily carnage being meted out - it’s a clunky plot beat that actually bears no real link to the main story. While obviously a clear nod to Deadites past, it feels too much like a safety blanket, almost as unsure as some of its audience in the upcoming change of scenery and it contributes to the film’s only real issue – it’s pacing in the first act. building only David Fincher could love, it's due for demolition in a month, and they're paid a surprise visit by Ellie's estranged sister Beth (Lily For the week of June 25th, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment will release Evil Dead Rise on Blu-ray and 4K UHD. Other new releases on Blu-ray include Tales of the Walking Dead: The Complete First Season from RLJE Films, The Tank from Well Go USA and Big George Foreman ... less you think about it, the better; it's not very well-acted, effective, or even relative to most of the story, and I damn sure hope it ain't the

Evil Dead Rise Steelbook 4K UHD [Blu-ray] [2023] [Region A

highest levels. From start to finish, it's an effectively merciless mix that's rendered faithfully to bring a theater-grade audio experience home.

From here, survival is the word as demonic possession, decapitations, bodily dismemberment, and more gory murders are seen. And if anyone knows how gross the Evil Dead franchise can be in terms of blood, guts, flesh, and muscle - there is no shortage of any of those things on display in Evil Dead Rise. The family dynamic and the three kids are all enjoyable to watch and are not the usual comedic tropes. They all have something a little different to their characters. Things that seem more natural and realistic in this day and age. The gore is practical and fantastic, which will delight the horror hounds completely, and there is never a shortage of it. artist Ellie (Alyssa Sutherland) and her three kids, aspiring DJ Danny (Morgan Davies); sarcastic Bridget (Gabrielle Echols), who's one buzz cut appearance of what you'll see on a properly-calibrated 4K/HDR setup, rest assured that Warner Bros.' UHD does a fine job with what can only be

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment