276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Proven Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Children can also learn that they don't have to believe all their thoughts. We can encourage them to argue with the ones that may not be true. And we can teach them strategies that calm them, like visualization techniques or imagining a place where they feel calm and peaceful. If they can access a sense of stillness and calm, they can learn to separate from and manage the storms that brew around them. The Final Step is to Integrate Self and Other The kinds of things we're talking about here are simple strategies to utilize daily experience to help integrate the right and left hemispheres of the brain, the upper and lower structures of the brain, memory, the various aspects of personality and self and other. This book isn't about how to make your kids behave or how to turn your kid into a genius. Instead, its focus on how a "whole brain" that is fully integrated will help a child grow into a more functional adult. I also liked that Siegel didn't make me feel that these are things that we need to be working on with our children ad nauseum. Having fun and relaxing with your kids are important, too. Name it to tame it: make your child name the feelings it gets when it retells its experiences. What to Do When A Toddler Throws a Tantrum Parenting isn't always easy, and we often place unreasonable expectations on ourselves and our children. Much of our expectations are because we expect a child's brain to work in the same way as ours do. Nurturing children comes in many forms, but we often overlook how to stimulate and encourage children's whole-brain development.

Their premise is that these twelve strategies help “integrate” children’s brains, that is, “coordinate[] and balance[] the separate regions of the brain” so as to optimize mental health. Using the image of a child inside a canoe floating down a river, they explain that veering close to the bank of chaos leaves the kid feeling too out of control to relax whereas drifting close to the bank of rigidity makes the kid too rigid to function ideally (instead “imposing control on everything and everyone”). “By helping our kids connect left [brain] and right [brain]” - as well as their “upstairs” and “downstairs” brains and implicit and explicit memories - “we give them a better chance of [finding] . . . harmonious flow between the[] two extremes,” which in turn will minimize tantrums and other results of “dis-integration.” Of course, they warn, the results won’t be perfect both because we should expect imperfection in ourselves as parents and because kids are biologically unable to always “be rational, regulate their emotions, make good decisions, think before acting, and be empathetic.” facts on brain development—and what kind of discipline is most appropriate and constructive at all ages and stages

“The Whole-Brain Child PDF Summary”

Complete with age-appropriate strategies for dealing with day-to-day struggles and illustrations that will help you explain these concepts to your child, The Whole-Brain Child shows you how to cultivate healthy emotional and intellectual development so that your children can lead balanced, meaningful, and connected lives. I'd have given this book five stars if the writing were a bit more engaging; as it is, though the material is often fascinating and incredibly relevant (I've a 28-month old toddler at home!), I found the reading a bit of a slog at times.

Kitabın kapağında Bütün Beyinli Çocuk kavramı için devrim yaratan 12 strateji deniyor ancak stratejilerin hiçbiri akılda kalıcı değil. Fotoğraflardaki örnekler çok saçma. Birkaç örnek yazayım dedim ama o bile içimden gelmedi. We hope you are able to use this material to learn how to parent your child with his or her brain in mind, and in the process improve your relationship with your child as you continue to faithfully walk the parenting journey. Here's a strategy that might help children to integrate implicit and explicit memories. It's called "using the remote of the mind." However if you've already listened to 2+ of parenting books, then it probably doesn't have that much novel information for you. Still great to reiterate and all, but if you've had a few, then it doesn't add much. It's just overall better than others of its kind out there, but most of the content is same/similarThis erudite, tender, and funny book is filled with fresh ideas based on the latest neuroscience research. I urge all parents who want kind, happy, and emotionally healthy kids to read The Whole-Brain Child. This is my new baby gift.”—Mary Pipher, Ph.D., author of Reviving Ophelia and The Shelter of Each Other Many “scientific” books tend to be overly wordy and The Whole-Brain Child is no exception. Although there are many very interesting and useful points, there are also many repetitions whose relevance is not always clear. As a result, some sections of the book come off as boring. This erudite, tender, and funny book is filled with fresh ideas based on the latest neuroscience research. I urge all parents who want kind, happy, and emotionally healthy kids to read The Whole-Brain Child. This is my new baby gift.” —Mary Pipher, Ph.D., author of Reviving Opheliaand The Shelter of Each Other

The Whole-Brain Child is a practical and insightful book to help parents navigate the turbulent waters of parenthood. By providing 'twelve revolutionary strategies to nurture your child's developing mind,' this book will enable you to 'survive everyday parenting struggles, and help your family thrive.' New parents get a bunch of advice from everyone around them. However, one type of advice is crucial: how parents should approach the child’s brain? Kitap özetle sağ beyin daha fazla duygulara hitap ederken, sol beynin daha fazla mantık ile ilişkili olduğunu, bununla birlikte bir alt ve üst beyin olduğunu anlatıyor. Bu beyinlerden alt beyin nefes alma, göz kırpma, dövüşme veya kaçma, öfke ve korku gibi primitif duyguları beslerken üst beyin de sağlıklı karar verme, plan yapma, duyguları ve bedeni kontrol altında tutma, kendini anlama, empati kurma, ahlaklı davranma gibi daha sosyal beceriler sağlıyor. SIFT: Help children pay attention to the Sensations, Images, Feelings, and Thoughts within them so that they can make better decisions and be more flexible.

The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind

The Whole-Brain Child comes with helpful suggestions for how parents might respond to everyday parenting situations. The authors suggest that the twelve strategies above can enable parents to help their kids connect the left and right brain (and the “upstairs” and “downstairs” brain) and, in so doing, produce kids who are “happier, healthier, and more fully themselves”. There are many interesting parenting ideas to help parents understand and change some elements of their children’s behaviour. The book provides age-appropriate strategies for dealing with everyday challenges associated with parenting, such as anxiety and tantrums. Make sure that you use all opportunities to guide your child to use the higher brain. Develop Positive Memories

Our children's experiences from birth help to constantly rewire their brains over the years so that the different areas of the brain can connect more easily and constructively. Six-year-old Jason had an irrational fear that the ceiling fan in his bedroom would crash down on him during the night. When he drew his Wheel Of Awareness with the center's hub, he could start to move his attention away from the fan blades, and the scary feelings they caused, and redirect them to the other rim points. These included how much his parents protected him and what fun his day had been. He could also use imagery, or relaxation techniques to help him to relax. Make sure that you do everything you can to form positive memories for your child. You can do this, by creating a pool of positive experiences in the present, that would make good memories in the future. Children associate past experiences with what might happen in the future. They then react accordingly. Once an implicit memory is spoken about and understood, it becomes explicit and, therefore, easier to deal with any fears they may have. Children don't just forget about difficult experiences; we have to help them understand what happened, and how they felt about it. Then, just like a jigsaw puzzle, put all the pieces together. Dr. Siegel has the unique ability to convey complicated scientific concepts in a concise and comprehensible way that all readers can enjoy. He has become known for his research in Interpersonal Neurobiology – an interdisciplinary view that creates a framework for the understanding of our subjective and interpersonal lives. In his most recent works, Dr. Siegel explores how mindfulness practices can aid the process of interpersonal and intrapersonal attunement, leading to personal growth and well-being.

Featuring clear explanations, age-appropriate strategies and illustrations that will help you explain these concepts to your child, The Whole-Brain Child will help your children to lead balanced, meaningful, and connected lives using 12 key strategies, including: This book taught me more than anything I could have read on google when trying to decipher my daughter’s outbursts and outlandish behaviour. This is exactly what happened when I finished reading “ The Whole-Brain Child” by Dr Daniel Siegel and Dr Tina Payne Bryson.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment