276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The School Trip: A completely gripping psychological thriller with a killer twist

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I read this book last month, and it’s one that has still stayed with me! Besides the fact that it’s a fantastic twisty thriller, my youngest is about to embark on her first school trip the week after next! The School Trip is the spine-chilling new thriller from Miranda Smith that will keep readers up all night. Some Days Are Dark is a gripping, suspenseful story centered around bad choices and the possibility of second chances. This story will draw you in and hold your attention to the end. The story comes with a great flow, and the end will make your jaws drop. There are also numerous twists and turns that will keep you guessing. If you are a Gone Girl fan, you will love this book.

But who could want to punish me this badly? Is it linked to the night I refuse to think about-the terrible night my husband died? This novel was incredible, and not just in terms of suspense (where it was INSANE). But there's so much to be said in here about grief and the domino effect loss can create. Miranda Smith writes psychological suspense. She is drawn to stories about ordinary people in extraordinary situations, complicated women, and dark impulses.Miranda Smith is always at the top of her game and with The School Trip, she has penned a first-rate thriller that will have readers chewing their nails to the elbow.

I would like to thank #MirandaSmith, #Netgalley and #Bookouture for an ARC of #TheSchoolTrip in exchange for an honest review. I was hooked… I devoured this book in one sitting. Got my heart racing, atmospheric, chilling and utterly gripping… Fantastic read, nail-biting and one of the best books I have read this year. A MUST READ!!!!!” Goodreads reviewer, ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Miranda Smith knows how to pull the heartstrings while creating a tense mystery that does not disappoint. I look forward to what she writes next. First, I want to thank Miranda Smith, Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with this book so I can bring you this review.As a parent this was a read that kept me on the edge of my seat trusting no one. Not even the dead. On this crisp October day, the class of six-year-old children are wrapped up warm in gloves and coats for their trip to a local farm. They giggle as they stroke the animals and search for the perfect Halloween pumpkin, and as I watch my daughter Claire race off with her friends, the pink ribbon in her hair bouncing, I breathe a sigh of relief. It’s been so hard since my husband died and my sweet little girl deserves to be happy. Miranda Smith writes psychological and domestic suspense. She is drawn to stories about ordinary people in extraordinary situations. Before completing her first novel, she worked as a newspaper staff writer and a secondary English teacher. She lives in East Tennessee with her husband and three young children. We go on to meet Emma, a school teacher and single mother, taking her students (including her daughter) on a field trip. Within those first few chapters, you really grow to like Emma & her coworkers. There's not an overbearing amount of detail about them, but it's enough to want to see where the day takes them.

My blood turns to ice. Claire would never leave with a stranger. Whoever took her must be someone I know. Miranda has been a staff writer at a local newspaper and a secondary English teacher. When it comes to fiction, Miranda writes about complicated women, dark impulses and Southern settings. We call the police and frantically scour the fields and playgrounds, my heart breaking as I cry out Claire’s name. And then a detective shows me a video: my daughter, skipping away from the farm, holding hands with an adult in a bulky coat, their cap pulled down low. The story is well-paced and filled with mystery and suspense, keeping the reader engaged throughout the book. The plot is layered and revealed slowly, with twists and turns that will leave you guessing until the very end. The characters are multi-dimensional with their own secrets and motives, making the story more interesting. Make no mistake I really liked this book. It had a few red herrings, had me guessing, there were twists and turns, and I was here for it. At 60ish percent I had formed a pretty solid theory. At 70 percent it was destroyed. I was salty, excited, irritated, and ready for this to play out.This book had me up til 3 AM! This is another AMAZING psychological thriller! I’ve never heard of this author, however after reading her book I’ll be binging more! I finished this book roughly in 2 days! It’s a really fast paced thriller which I personally love! I had multiple theories about the plot twist, however I was very wrong. I also loved that about the book, that I couldn’t guess the twist(s)! I got serious Criminal Minds vibes from the legal point of the book! This book is tragic, heartbreaking, thrilling, while at the same time heart warming. I would give this book a 4.5/5! I’m so excited for it to be released and highly recommend it! Thank you to Bookouture and NetGalley who provided me with a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. All the thoughts and opinions are my own. The School Trip was an 'unputdownable' book that kept me up way past bedtime. There was no way that I could sleep until I found out how the book ended. Now Emma is busy navigating the field trip and allocating chaperones with children before heading off to enjoy the day. Claire is busy with her friends, calling out to her mum every so often which Emma obliges. Despite this, she still seems to be having a wonderful time. We are always delighted to hear from authors. We are currently open for review requests and we are happy to review a wide variety of genres. Please submit your information below and we will be in touch asap.

This book follows Emma, a single mother to a six year old daughter, who is trying to navigate her life two years after her beloved husband was killed in a car crash. She is also a dedicated teacher at her daughter, Claire’s, school. The book starts with Emma and Claire on a school trip at a pumpkin patch with the whole class. The day starts off good, but ends in disaster when Emma’s daughter goes missing, and is suspected to have been kidnapped. Emma is sure Claire wouldn’t have left with a stranger and it must have been someone she knew, so Emma is questioning everyone and everything and has no idea who she can trust.But the day is almost at an end and night is drawing in, meaning they are now losing daylight. If Claire is out there, she will be in the dark and frightened. But the owner of the farm reassures her that all sections of the farm are now closed so she won't be anywhere on the property. So where is she? And then police discover park footage of Claire leaving with an unknown person. A stranger. But Claire wouldn't have left with a stranger...so who is it that lead her child out of the park? On this crisp October day, the class of six-year-old children are wrapped up warm in gloves and coats for their trip to a local farm. They giggle as they stroke the animals and search for the perfect Halloween pumpkin, and as I watch my daughter Claire race off with her friends, the pink ribbon in her hair bouncing, I breathe a sigh of relief. It’s been so hard since my husband died and my sweet little girl deserves to be happy. The relief was short-lived though, when that child is soon found. As Emma brings the little girl to her mother, she is approached by another teacher. While Emma was out looking for the first missing child, her own child went missing. Soon, the police find footage of Claire leaving with a man in a hoodie, driving a rental car. She didn’t seem distressed, but she is gone and Emma doesn’t have any idea who would take her. The story start with a field trip to a pumpkin patch--Emma who is a kindergarten teacher along with her daughter Claire goes to the school trip. As the trip is nearing to an end, a girl goes missing first and Emma being a responsible teacher starts looking for the girl, leaving her daughter behind with other teachers. As the girl was found and the crowd start leaving the premises, Emma realizes someone else also goes missing--her daughter had gone missing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment