276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cambridge Audio Minx X201-200 Watt Active Subwoofer Featuring Twin Auxiliary Bass Drivers and Fully Adjustable Sound - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Sony manual says to crank up the crossover to it's highest setting on the subwoofer and set the volume to half way then do a calibration to allow the AVR to set the correct crossover frequency for it. The AVR set the speakers crossover to 140hz. Right now, I have a 10" Cambridge Audio Aero 9 (used to also have the 10" X500), a 10" XTZ 99W10.16 & a Velodyne SPL-800 Ultra - this one only goes up to 135Hz but works in my situation due to it being a small room & the sub is placed right next to the speakers. This should give you an idea of the types of subs to use/get. I do not use all three - it was just part of my quest to find the best suited subwoofer for the Minx Speakers!! Yes, Gemini II has the same connections as REL. You can connect it with high level or low level (LFE). There was Gemini I and now II with larger driver. Both manufacturers are well known from subwoofers. The main difference is BK makes the products in UK and sells them direct to customer with lower price as one less middle man. With REL they design them in UK and build in China like most products these days. Then they are sold by dealer.

I searched high & low & there are not that many brands out there which offer subs that go 150hz or higher. Obviously the CA ones do as do SVS, XTZ & some others but then cost comes into play. I'm considering changing the AVR next to something with a better DSP that can output at 4k with HDR. Does anyone know if this will make much difference to the sound performance of my 5.1 system at all? Strong wireless connectivity means you can connect and control the SONOS Sub from anywhere in the room. on this denon i dont go above +1 bass as it a;ready becomes to muddy and max bass not feel great this not the most puchy amp you will hear, my previous marantz was hugely more punchyi was happy with my spektor 2 with a marantz amp i had but i exchanged the marantz after few months for this denon because the software kept messing up for radio Already well established as one of the most popular small speakers around, the Minx MIN12 builds on previous models with a revised BMR drive unit. Now in its fourth generation, the new unit uses a larger magnet for improved efficiency, while driver excursion has increased from 2.2mm to 4mm, giving enhanced lower-midrange for improved integration with a subwoofer. Finally, the BMR unit moves in a more uniform manner, giving a more accurate sound across all frequencies.

Unless it is a very potent performer, I personally would not get a 8" Sub as it will show its limits fairly early on - my Velodyne being an example of an exception to this. I would look at 10" subs ideally & maybe even a 12" one. Congrats on the Min's - they really are great for their size & a lifestyle speaker - the BMR drivers offer a wide dispersion unlike nearly all other drivers.Remember that most Dali speakers shouldn`t be toed in as in angled toward listener! Spread them apart (equilateral triangle if possible) and put them shooting straight not towards you! What is the FR of your Dali Sub? You need to ensure it can really have the crossover point needed for the Mins. Also, placing the sub as close to the speakers will help greatly in blending with the sub for a seamless sound. One of my Subs, a Velodyne only has a upper FR of 135Hz but as it is next to the speaker, it blends great. The smartphone or tablet controls mean you can adjust the ELAC Debut 2.0 whenever you want from wherever you want.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment