276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brooks Men's Ghost 13 Running Shoe

£136.94£273.88Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There is now more outsole rubber on the medial side of the midsole to give the Ghost 14 more medial support since the medial side of the midsole has been changed to a softer DNA Loft.

For me, the Ghost is great because it does everything well,” one reviewer says. “It’s comfortable, it’s soft, it’s light. I love it because I know I won’t have to think about it once I start running.” The new headline feature of the Ghost 14 is that it now has a full DNA Loft midsole compared to the 13 that only had a half DNA Loft midsole. There are reflective strips on both sides of the toe box and on the heel for night time visibility. If you’re a heel striker, this shoe has ample cushioning in the heel. I’m not a heel striker, but I still appreciated the cushioning (now extended from the heel to the forefoot in the 13) and the smooth heel-to-toe transitions. That cushioned propulsion was especially nice when I used this shoe for a recovery day or a long run. It gives you an extra pep in your step. It’s not a super fast shoe, but it can handle speedier longer runs. I’ll continue using it for recovery runs, chill daily runs and for cruising on longer runs. What’s Special About the Brooks Ghost 13? Top Three Things

Brooks Ghost 14 Upper Unit

One thing to be aware of is that the midsole of the Ghost 14 is plain EVA so there isn’t much energy return with each footstrike. The midsole does provide a very well-padded ride with plenty of foot protection. Version 14 feels more versatile and more performance-oriented than version 13 because of its streamlined upper, snappier forefoot and its new full DNA Loft midsole. A gripe that the majority of the experts share is that the Ghost 13 “lags behind in responsiveness.” They agree that it’s simply not "it" for those who want to go fast. Smooth and stable ride

Its EVA midsole will lose cushioning over time while its outsole rubber wears down faster than super hard-wearing rubber like the BRS 1000 found on the Pegasus 37 or AHAR+ on the Cumulus 22.I like the Ghost 13 most for easy-paced runs between 10 and 25 kilometres but its midsole is not overly soft so it can handle the occasional tempo outing although its substantial weight might be a problem. DNA Loft is the newer of the two midsole foams in the Ghost 13 but it feels very similar to BioMogo. I hope that Brooks transitions to their new DNA Flash foam which is lighter and much more responsive. When I choose a daily trainer for my shoe rotation, it has to have a plush, comfortable upper, a midsole cushioned enough for distances up to 25 kilometres and an outsole capable of lasting over 800 kilometres. Related: Brooks Glycerin 18 Review: The Glycerin 18 is a Runner Favorite For a Reason Who is the Brooks Ghost 13 Best For? Experts who commented on weight are in sync when they say it’s heavy (10.1 oz). For reference, it’s also heavier than its competitors like the Nike Epic React Flyknit 2 (8.7 oz) and the Saucony Ride 13 (9.7 oz). Good grip on Ghost 13

Join VIP, Test Run this Shoe for 90 Days. If You Don’t Love It, Exchange It! How Does the Brooks Ghost 13 Perform on the Run?The toe box of the Ghost 13 is spacious and there is plenty of room for your feet to splay. There is also an internal toe stiffener for structure and support in the toe area. DNA LOFT cushioning now extends throughout the midsole for an even smoother transition from heel to toe. This is a perfect shoe for both beginners and seasoned runners – it’s versatile! It’s cushioned enough for longer runs and recovery runs and also works well for shorter tempo runs. If you like a plush cushioned shoe that also provides the right amount of firmness and stability (for a neutral shoe), the Ghost 13 is a good choice. I like it for daily training and long runs. It’s also a great shoe for heel strikers thanks to the extra cushioning in the heel. Brooks Ghost 13 Shoe Specs Smooth transition: DNA LOFT now extends beyond the heel, all the way to the forefoot, for an easy transition from landing to toe-off.

This ended up being the wrong decision. I could feel my feet swimming in the roomy upper of Ghost 13.

My first run in Ghost 13 was one of familiarity. The Ghost personality came through strongly even in my first couple of metres in them. This strategy is so effective because Ghost loyalists can ease into the new model while still recognising older technologies from previous models.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment