276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maltesers Spread Chocolate with Malty Crunchy Pieces, 350g

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's easier to drizzle the Maltesers spread over the cake if you warm it up briefly in the microwave first. I recommend 15-20 seconds. So as you can see, there is nothing different to the actual preparation of the Maltesers cheesecake. The recipe was not adjusted. Just the serving is different. is cheesecake too sinful? The cheesecake should be stored in the fridge and will last for 3-4 days. You can freeze the undecorated cheesecake, however you do need to let it set in the fridge first. Setting it in the freezer will affect the texture and it won't be as nice. Once it's set in the fridge, you can remove it from the tin and put the cheesecake in a box or tupperware. You could also slice it up, and freeze in portions. Then you can easily defrost a few slices at a time depending on when you'd like some cheesecake! How do you remove a no bake cheesecake from the tin? I did find that I had to use a large open star nozzle to pipe the buttercream on top of the baked cake and the end result didn't look anywhere near as polished as it did in my head. I based this on my Chocolate Fudge Cakeandsome ideas from my Honeycomb Crunchie Cakeas well. All in all, its definitely one of my new favourite recipes. It’s just basically insane. Every mouthful is delicious!

Meringue Nests – My cheat if you struggle to pipe perfect whipped cream swirls! Mini meringue nests look perfect without any of the hard work! When I discovered Maltesers spread, I knew it would make an amazing buttercream. It's a chocolate spread filled with crunchy malt pieces and it inspired me to make these Malteser Teaser Cupcakes! They have an indulgent chocolate sponge, topped with creamy and silky Maltesers buttercream, and a Maltesers Teaser chocolate on top. They are Maltesers Teaser heaven! Ingredient Tips & Equipment InformationBut if you can’t get your mitts on the ice cream (unfortunately we can’t ship it!) then what’s stopping you from creating your own? For this particular one, I thought I would go for a bit more of semi-naked style cake. Partly because I couldn’t be bothered to do the buttercream in the fully covered way, and partly because I really actually like the look of it!It’s not to everyones taste, but I love it. My Easter piñata cake is basically the same, but with the different buttercream flavour.

You will need an electric hand mixer or a stand mixer for this recipe. You will need full fat cream cheese – the higher the fat content the better! Mascarpone cheese is a great alternative to cream cheese in no bake cheesecakes. To make the cake, mix together the baking spread and light brown soft sugar, for 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Then whisk in eggs and vanilla extract. The loaf cake will last for 3-4 days in an airtight container in a cool place. You can freeze both the cake and the buttercream. To freeze them separately, wrap the cake well in cling film or put it in an airtight container. The buttercream can be frozen in a sealed tub. To freeze the loaf cake decorated, freeze on a plate until frozen solid, then carefully wrap in cling film. Remove the clingfilm when you take the loaf cake out of the freezer to defrost, as if it defrosts with it still on it could damage the appearance of the buttercream. Can you make this loaf cake with plain/all purpose flour?Self raising flour, which is very commonly used in the UK where I am based, already contains a raising agent and a little salt too. Therefore if you want to swap it for plain or all purpose flour, you will need to add some additional baking powder and also a little salt if you like. Some people like to add salt to cake recipes and some don't, so I'll leave that up to you as it won't affect the bake. The general advice is to add 2 teaspoons baking powder (a measuring teaspoon, not the kind you stir your coffee with) per every 200g plain or all purpose flour. So for this recipe you'd need to add 3 teaspoons baking powder. Please note, I have not tested this recipe using plain or all purpose flour. Can this cake be made gluten or dairy free? On the other hand, you can also experiment with liquid milk chocolate. Swirl it in any shape you wish or just make straight stripes across. You can also use chocolate syrup or soft caramel for this step. The malt powder (or malt drink as you may understand it) is designed to make the cake taste slightly more Malteser like – and it is delicious. I used75g to increase the flavour, and it is dreamy. Either way, it helps it create a nice sponge, and along with the spread and buttercream, you don’t need the sponge to be oh-so-malty.

For the full recipe with measurements, head to the recipe card at the end of this post. How to make Malteser Teaser Cupcakes stand mixer - a stand mixer will help you blend all the ingredients together completely hassle-free. For a hint of freshness, you may also add berries. However, I believe that the sweeter toppings pair better. Maltesers cheesecake dessert cups The cake will keep in an airtight container for 3 days in a cool place. You can freeze the sponges either alone, or decorated. Once the sponges are fully cool, wrap them well with cling film or put them in an airtight container with some baking paper between them. You can freeze the buttercream on it's own in a tub, or you can decorate the cake and freeze it fully assembled. To do this and avoid damage to the decoration, freeze it either in an airtight container. Or let it freeze solid on a cake board or plate, then wrap in cling film. Remove the cling film when you take it out to defrost it, if you don't it could damage the appearance of the decoration as it defrosts and softens. You can also freeze slices of the cake, again well wrapped in cling film or in airtight containers. Can you make this cake with plain or all purpose flour? If you're British or have spent time there you will know of the delicious chocolate covered malted milk balls called Maltesers. If you're from American you will know them as Whoppers! I only discovered this name variation when writing this recipe and I quite like it! Whatever you call them, they are a super popular treat, and especially enjoyed at the cinema. I love these crunchy malt balls and I've based this No Bake Maltesers Cheesecake on them. The biscuit base is malted milk biscuits, then I mixed melted Malteser Teasers into the filling, and the top is decorated with milk chocolate, crushed Maltesers and whipped cream. It's Maltesers heaven! Ingredient Tips & Equipment InformationLeave the cake to cool fully. For the buttercream, mix the softened butter on it's own briefly, then add the icing sugar, malt powder, vanilla extract and milk, and mix until smooth. Spread or pipe it onto the cake and decorate with Maltesers spread and Maltesers. You can spread the buttercream onto the cakes with a spoon or palette knife if you don’t want to pipe it. I used light brown soft sugar for the cake, but caster sugar and dark brown sugar (or a combination) will both work if you prefer.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment