276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Journeys Out of the Body: The Classic Work on Out-Of-Body Experience (Journeys Trilogy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Fifth, in some instances of OOBEs the description of what was happening at a distant place is correct and more accurate than we would expect by coincidence. We can formally define an OOBE as an event in which the experiencer (1) seems to perceive some portion of some environment which could not possibly be perceived from where his physical body is known to be at the time; and (2) knows at the time that he is not dreaming or fantasizing.

OBE's are something that I've instinctively been interested in since a young age as I used to think about think about them a lot and I also used to get myself into 'tingly' states as a child. The book is seriously flawed insofar as it intends to provide any sort of proof, it being constituted primarily by a bunch of personal anecdotes and stories. Otra cosa que me gusta es que el autor, Robert Monroe, hoy en día conocido como el gurú de los viajes astrales y con centro de especialización propio, empezó su camino místico casualmente un día cualquiera, desdoblándose sin querer. Sé suena como una novela de ciencia ficción, pero ¿qué pasaría si el Escenario III se tratase del anti - mundo?After several tries, he managed to come up with some techniques and made the event more "controllable". He (obviously) has very good points about the way that world is structured, the power of thoughts and emotions there, the nature of interactions of the beings there. Although I don't need confirmation, after having had some experiences myself, his reports are fascinating.

Furthermore, the seeker must wrestle with the dweller on the threshold to true spirituality - the fear of Death. Their cars are much larger, even the smallest having a single bench seat that will hold 5-6 people abreast. He describes the two people in detail, and mentions a few things about the topic of conversation occurring in the minute or so he was there.Robert Monroe's experiences are probably the most intriguing of any person's of our time, with the possible exception of Carlos Castaneda's. Before his very first experience, he was rational, not so open-minded businessman, when one night he accidentally experienced OOBE and everything changed.

The second book, written about a decade later, is more relaxed, funny at times, adventurous, spiritual, and fascinating. Somehow that feels better than telling to myself that he is full of shit, just because some scientists said that OBEs are not possible. I have had an interest in this genre for a number of years, and tried to focus on authors who are knowledgable in the area. As He passes, there is “a roaring, musical sound and a feeling of radiant, irresistible living force of ultimate power”.Sin embargo, lo primero que percibí es que si bien el autor no se quedó con aquella “primera experiencia” y a pesar del miedo y el escepticismo, decidió ahondar más en el tema, tomando notas de cada suceso y organizando todas ellas en un elemento de interés específico. It's more than a read, it's full of gems that are both of philosophical and pondering the implications of reality beyond this veil of emptiness! Charles Tart’s introduction is excellent: “… OOBE’s are a universal human experience, not in the sense that they happen to large numbers of people, but in that they have happened all through recorded history, and there are marked similarities in the experience among people who are otherwise extremely different in terms of cultural background.

If he is insistent about the reality of his experience, especially if he has other strange experiences too, we may with the best of intentions see about committing him to a mental hospital.As a result, his actual prose is "scientific" sounding: detached, neutral, and with a fair amount written in the passive voice. I enjoyed this early account of Robert Monroe's "discovery" of astral projection=remote viewing=out-of-the-body phenomena and his description of his own experiences, but I wouldn't confidently recommend it to anyone not already committed to and seriously interested in the phenomenology of such things. Like a good first person ghost story, one can suspend disbelief and go for the ride as I did, but, on reflection, it boils down to how willing you are to believe the storyteller. I started to get the impression that if you feel suppressed in your spiritual experiences, consider there may be a correlation to the density of computer equipment in your meditation space. people would finally understand that death is an illusion, that we are eternal beings, and that we create and manifest our own reality through the power of thought.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment