276°
Posted 20 hours ago

India Express: easy & delicious one-tin and one-pan vegan, vegetarian & pescatarian recipes – by the bestselling ‘Roasting Tin’ series author

£11£22.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This was so easy to prepare that I was slightly concerned about how much curry flavour there would be. She was so inspired by their descriptions of the dishes they would eat on these trips that Iyer suggested that they all take a train journey together from her mother’s hometown, Kolkata, to her father’s birthplace, Chennai.

And we can’t talk about these regions of India without mentioning rice – which in true Iyer style is quick and easy. It’s this combination of West and East, of dinnertimes as equally influenced by Nigella, Delia and Jamie as Madhur Jaffrey and much-loved airmail recipes, that makes India Express a uniquely accessible cookbook.Her new book, India Express, is a collection of easy, quick and flavourful vegan, vegetarian and fish recipes. The Roasting Tin Around the World’ was named in The Sunday Times, the Guardian and the Daily Mail’s Best Cookbooks of 2020, with ‘The Green Roasting Tin’ listed as a The Sunday Times Bestseller of the Year in 2019. One of them, from my grandad, must have been written when I was little; he was like, ‘Thank you for sending pictures of baby Rukmini. This is a quick and easy weeknight stir fry – if you serve it with rice or flatbreads, it’s all your food groups on one plate.

Much like her other books, you won’t find spices you can’t easily pick up in a supermarket on your way home from work. A day of visiting relatives would consist of several meals – mid-morning, lunchtime, and then again mid-afternoon. They would eat wherever they could and collect family recipes from South and East India along the way. This was one of my mum’s favourite prawn curries before she became vegetarian – a lovely, lightly spiced dish of prawns cooked in coconut milk; my grandmother would always have it made for her on visits home. Her latest book, ‘India Express’, focuses on quick, easy weeknight dinners, inspired by her Bengali and South Indian heritage.My recipe is a more everyday version – fluffy, lightly cheese-flecked parathas soft enough to fold and use to scoop up curries.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment