276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beyond the Wand: The Magic and Mayhem of Growing Up a Wizard

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

From Borrower to wizard, Tom Felton's childhood was anything but ordinary. His early rise to fame saw him catapulted into the limelight aged just twelve when he landed the iconic role of Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter films.

An honest, at times humorous, and entertaining memoir that movie buffs, especially Harry Potter fans, will enjoy."— Library Journal

Need Help?

There was no discussion on set about whether Draco knows for sure if this is Harry. My opinion is that he knows exactly who it is. So why doesn't he say so? The reason, it seems to me, is that the boy who had no choice finally gets one." FP: You write so beautifully about your friendships, and your relationships with all the cast, especially Emma. It seems like you have this special connection with her. Even if your friendship didn't start off on the best foot! You really seem to understand each other. So, I do have a two part question here: Do you think that Emma will one day write a memoir like you have? And do you think the two of you will ever act alongside each other again, if the right opportunity arose?

Felton shares so many terrific stories – from his childhood, from his years playing Draco Malfoy on the Harry Potter set, and later, from his battle with depression and substance abuse – and they are all told with refreshing frankness and a dry, acerbic wit. It’s just story after story; laughter followed by more laughter. Missing Hogwarts? Tom Felton, who played white-haired villain Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter franchise, bas written about the magical moments on set and an adolescence within the pop culture phenomenon."— ParadeFP: I truly am so sorry to hear about Robbie's passing over this past weekend and wanted to just express my deepest sympathies to you and your cast mates. I grabbed a physical copy from my library too so I could leaf through it. I enjoyed looking at the pictures that showed his life growing up with his family, and on sets, and the lifelong friendships he made along the way. And, most importantly for this particular review: I was a girl that was absolutely obsessed with Draco Malfoy. He tells his story of being in the public eye and his struggles with alcohol and drug use. Of course I wasn't aware of his struggles, since I don't follow him, so I appreciated his candor and willingness to get help. FP: Toward the end of the book, you so eloquently open up about your struggles while living in Los Angeles, and your time in rehab, which is a very vulnerable topic. Was it a cathartic process for you to write about? Or challenging in any way?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment