276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bird's Brandy Sauce, 500 g

£1.475£2.95Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

While we have taken care in preparing this summary and believe it to be accurate, it is not a substitute for reading the product packaging and label prior to use. You should also note that the picture images show only our serving suggestions of how to prepare your food - all table accessories and additional items and/or ingredients pictured with the product you are purchasing are not included. They live a long way away and I hadn't met her at the time so didn't know what to choose for her but wanted to include her in the present. Bird's Desserts are made and served in millions of homes where they are at the heart of a good family meal. I'm also the only one in my family who loves Christmas cake so I think I might give it a miss this year and make something a little different, maybe an Italian panforte.

The sauce will keep for a few days and just needs a gentle reheating on the stove-top, or even in the microwave. This is not the case for Bird's Custard Powder at this moment in time due to our current manufacturing processes and operations. Once you have a lovely smooth sauce, add the sugar and whisk again until the sugar has dissolved completely. Pour in the milk, then, using a balloon whisk, whisk everything vigorously together over a medium heat. as for your rum sauce - didn't appreciate that it was so easy to make (I'm not a huge fan of alcohol so have never made it) .

If we're with my family we always have Christmas pudding and rum sauce but my husband's family aren't all keen on it either so we often have two different desserts. If you want to make a sauce that is suitable for the whole family then you could add the sugar and then divide the sauce into two jugs. Though since leaving home I must confess I've got rather excited by brandy butter and brandy cream - some years I am extra extravagant and get both!

This recipe can be cooked without spice and by changing the alcohol for something better suited to your pudding. I was really pleased with the one I chose last year and so I was more than happy to receive a Prestige Hamper to review this year. Like me, the potatoes were grown on the Yorkshire wolds and then made into crisps and packaged in Yorkshire too! Maybe I should try a grated orange version for my kids as I don't feel I can give them this one because of the rum, not that that stopped me eating it when I was younger though!This might include changes to allergy advice, ingredient lists, nutritional guides or dietary advice. Just like our original Dirty Bird, it has those beautiful southern fried spices but we’ve given this one a bit of a bite. Being such a big fan of rum sauce I decided I would have to make it at home in preparation and of course to whet my appetite for it once Christmas does come round. Spend majority of leisure time doing activities such as watching TV, playing computer games, on the internet, reading, cooking, driving, general household chores.

Rum in "coffee" - in our house in the 1950s it was actually Camp Coffee - was my first experience of alcohol (after Gripe Water of course). Unlike some companies, they have a large range of hampers so it's easy to find one that suits your budget.Skimmed 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐤, Double Cream (𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐤) (18%), Sugar, French Brandy (6%), Modified Maize Starch, Skimmed 𝐌𝐢𝐥𝐤 Powder, Stabiliser: Locust Bean Gum. We take whole spices and roast them by hand in large copper pans before infusing the spices in an incredible 3-year aged rum. he used to claim he didn't liek Christmas cake but then he tried our family recipe and now eats it sliced as thick as a door step! We went to Cuba for our honeymoon and the hotel in Havana left us a bottle of 15 year old Havana Club in the room. While whisking, do take care to move the sauce around on the base of the pan to prevent it sticking, or worse, burning.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment