276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Shin Megami Tensei V Standard Edition for Nintendo Switch

£15.51£31.02Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Miracles are powerful abilities that alter the laws of nature that can be used in the overworld or while in battle, specifically they grant automatic abilities that are separate from regular skills they function similarly to the Apps system in Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Fans of any series don't like their favorite franchises changed to accommodate ppl who may still not like it anyways" Someone mentioned adding extra save points etc to dark souls, that would be the best way to do it to appease both sides, but when it's baked into the game design (like specific hard battles may not be included, or at least they could be made differently knowing it has to appease a wider audience), those are problematic to me. I would always prefer more people get to play any game, but not at the sacrifice of the original intent/vision. The problem is, there's no way to know if this is the case, so many who dislike the easy difficulty being added, would rather they just didn't touch it at all with that in mind, because there's no telling how much of the game would be "dumbed down" to make it approachable for people who may play it & not like it anyways. The devs know the niche audience they designed games like dark souls for will like it, but the masses are a toss up. That's the point i was trying to make. There was one point in the game, when you first get the cloak and have to evade the next EMMI using it that I thought the EMMI thing was going to work out OK. That one genuinely had some stealth mechanic strategy and skill involved. And then the next one or two have room designs where you can't really use that effectively (and the EMMI climbs all the walls you can hide on), and then you get to the BS one that can see through walls and clear through the different doored rooms, so no matter where you hide, he'll find you and you really do have to just keep blind running and hope one time the RNG works for you. But yeah, the anti-EMMI bias taints anything connected with them. Thematically and tonally the game would lose something without them, yet their areas are devoid of any fun because they're just not really a functioning mechanic.

twztid13 I don't understand your argument. Certainly time has to be put into making different difficulties, but other than that, I don't see how it fundamentally alters the game. In my eyes, it just gives options. Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may take longer to reach you.

I agree, that even beyond EMMI, there is just too heavy a focus on boss battles. It seems like you come up to bosses one after another, with a combat focus that just wasn't a part of traditional Metroid. Fortunately the parts that are traditional are very good, so the extra bosses are just "bonus" mandatory annoying content that doesn't detract from the good parts, but it annoyingly kills the pace of the otherwise great traditional labyrinth exploration. It think Mercury Steam really nailed what made Super Metroid great, and improved on the feel of controlling Samus greatly, but they padded it with too many things that interrupt the pacing in ways that don't ruin the game, but keep it from perfection. Harmonie i understand, & i don't always agree with that argument, but i can understand their perspective. I can also understand yours. I think if the easy mode is added afterwards, it's fine. There's no way to know of it fundamentally changed a game's development, but i can see that it's possible, & that's what those people are afraid of who don't want easier difficulties on any game. In turn based rpgs, i think it's definitely fine (my opinion, ofc), because they're likely just to alter stats to make it easier. I think that would always be fine.

Tokyo Is No More

With newfound power, the protagonist ventures through Da’at, an enigmatic realm filled with mythical deities and demonic tyrants in constant conflict for survival. Shin Megami Tensei V wants you to become a God and throws everything it’s got at you to test your mettle. At times rebellious and stubborn, Atlus’ artisanal approach to RPG craft makes up for any shortcomings. Unlike the previous entries where you went into individual dungeons, the world of Shin Megami Tensei V is structured more like a semi-open-world game where it gives you a healthy amount of freedom to encourage and reward exploration. The turn-based combat hasn't changed much - just iterated upon. It still encourages players to target the opponents' weaknesses to gain extra turns but the opponents also do the same to you, so covering your weaknesses is important. Another important thing is to properly utilise buffs and debuffs as they particularly change the fate of boss encounters a lot. Fuse Those Demons! Collect essence from your enemies, to implement their skills and affinities to empower your own abilities or your demon allies. Skill Potential from “Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse” makes their return in V which can now be applied to the protagonist instead of just the demons which can be further buffed by Miracles. How would you feel if the world as you know it one day ceases to exist and you just wake up in the ruins of your own civilisation with angels and demons roaming the land? This is the highly simplified summary of SMT V's story. After some strange mysteries and unexplained occurrences, an ordinary high school student in Tokyo finally wakes up in a nearly unrecognisable version of his own city, now called the Netherworld. You merge with a cordial demon called Aogami and together you become the protagonist Nahobino to go on a quest to save the world. It's a rather anime-like premise and art style, wouldn't you agree? Semi-Linear Structure

After getting lost in the realm of Da’at for some time the protagonist “fuses” with a mysterious man becoming a powerful creature called the Nahobino, using these newfound powers to fight demons in the realm.

Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)

Shin Megami Tensei V is the fifth numbered entry of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise a JRPG series that is known for their creature collecting mechanics developed by ATLUS, whilst walking home a grisly murder scene leads our protagonist a third-year high school student to an unexpected detour and tunnel collapse accident leaving him unconscious, he wakes up to an unfamiliar sight, a post-apocalyptic Tokyo ravaged by paranormal creatures, deities, demonic tyrants, in constant conflict with each other for survival in this dying world, search for answers in this ruined world and find your own path between light and darkness that will dictate the fate of this world. A game like SMTV getting an easy mode is stated to give people who prefer more story than gameplay a way to play the game. You could tell these people to watch the game on YouTube or something, but that isn't the intended way of experiencing the story, and plus an easy mode allows for them to still have gameplay to enjoy in addition, which is a completely different experience from just watching the story, even if it is toned down. Whilst we will do everything we can to meet the delivery times above, there may be factors outside of our control and we cannot guarantee delivery within this time frame. He awakens in a new Tokyo, a wasteland ravaged by apocalypse now called Da’at... but before bloodthirsty demons can claim his life, a savior emerges, and they unite to become a mighty being neither human nor demon: a Nahobino. SMT V is perhaps a little too smart for its own good and might alienate some people in the process, but it’s also refreshing to have developers create something that actually dares to have that level of confidence in their audience.

TBH, when I see a game that is just super hard in difficulty, I am saddened. There is so much more to a video game than difficulty, there's so much more to enjoy about them. When a super hard difficulty gets in the way of that, it ruins the experience for no reason. That difficulty can still exist, it just doesn't have to be the only one. Enemy encounters can now appear directly in and discerned in the overworld instead of just appearing as silhouettes. Magatsuhi Crystals, new collectibles that can appear everywhere, three variations of them can exist; green which heals your party’s health, yellow which heals your party’s MP, and red which raises the Magatsuhi skills Gauge Other points of interests in the overworld include Demon Statues and Abscesses.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment