276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ten Things I Hate about You: A Novelisation

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It’s a line that resonates even to this day, especially in terms of which specific literature is still held up as “the beacon” to emulate. But before this form of role playing, Michael is as preoccupied as everyone else in the plot trying to get Patrick back into Kat’s good graces after he humiliates her (she leans forward to kiss him—which is a very big deal for her, expressing emotion of any kind—and he does not reciprocate). He won't let Kat go to the college she wants, and he won't let Bianca date until Kat does (which is never). The play The Taming of the Shrew is one example of conversion to modernized film with its adaptation to 10 Things I Hate About You. It makes sense, of course, that the punk-leaning aspiring feminist would have her nose buried in paperbacks – all the best high school outcasts do.

At a raucous party that everyone attends, Bianca spends the entire night with Joey, disappointing Cameron. I can guaratee you that once you start reading 10 Things I Hate About You, you won't want to put the book down. Bianca the most popular sophomore at Padua High wants to date but can't until her older sister Kat does and Kat has no interest in dating or parties. The allusions to the fact that this is based on Shakespeare’s material are in no short supply either, with Cameron’s sidekick, Michael (David Krumholtz), noting after almost being mowed down by Kat in her car, “Just a minor encounter with the shrew.

They decide on Patrick Verona, an older, intimidating, and mysterious senior who was rumored to have served time in prison.

Jerkass: Joey makes a bet with his friends that he can get his way with Bianca whether she wants it or not, even trying to do so after she has realized Cameron is better than him, and we later learn that he dumped Kat after she told him that after they slept together, she wasn't ready to do it again. He still loves them, though, and despite not wanting Kat to attend Sarah Lawrence, at the end he does allow her to do so, and is impressed when he learns Bianca beat the hell out of Joey.It is the type of book that is great when you are short on time or want a break from some of the heavier books. And since he’s being paid by Joey to take out Kat so that Bianca can go on dates as well (per a new house rule instituted by their overbearing father), it’s very important not just to Joey (who is only a pawn in this larger elaborate scheme of Cameron’s to be with Bianca), but also to Cameron that Patrick keeps “exciting” Kat enough to make her go out with him. I mean, Kat said it to Patrick so it should be written as a conversation and not just a thought of Kat even though it was her POV. I finished this book in less than hour - it's only 170 pages long, but it certainly doesn't feel/look that long. Among one of the most iconic of the film is Kat sitting on a cozy living room chair reading, what else, Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar.

The band Letters to Cleo (singer Kay Hanley, guitarists Greg McKenna and Michael Eisenstein, bassist Scott Riebling, and drummer Jason Sutter) appears as the band performing at Club Skunk, playing their songs "Come On" and "Co-Pilot", and a cover of Cheap Trick's " I Want You to Want Me" on the school's rooftop during the closing credits. So here are two sentences I find to be an insult to the english grammar or actually, to the literary context itself and of course, to the movie! In the original, the agreement that Katherina must marry before Bianca does is partly born out of the societal laws of the time. Took a Level in Kindness: Kat becomes nicer when she agrees to go to the prom so that Bianca can have her dream date. Stratford is naturally overprotective, however to the become a single parent bestows a great deal more stress and responsibility on his life, which he then may express as insecure actions for example not allowing his daughters to date.The problem is, Daddy won't let her start dating before her older "shrew" of a sister, Kat, begins dating herself. When Cameron asks Bianca out, she informs him of her father's new rule and, as a pretense for allowing her to date Joey, suggests he find someone willing to date Kat.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment