276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Luna Loves Books

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Well done on finishing "Luna Loves Art" by Joseph Coelho! The story teaches us that art can be a window into understanding different perspectives and expressing our feelings. Overall it is still a lovely book and one I’m sure many children will love to look at again and again and it does still show Luna doing the right thing in being nice to Finn, even if the story isn’t quite what I expected or perfect to me. Although this book is called "Luna Loves Art", I'd say the main theme of this book is not art, but rather the theme is about opening up a conversation about difficult-to-understand children in the class, who may behave in ways that seem mean or unfriendly. Luna Loves Books captures children’s magic at entering the world of a story. For Luna and her friends that means dressing up as a character and entering the world of story in role. By award-winning Children's Laureate Joseph Coelho, a chunky board book special addition to the Luna Loves... series.

Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical Moments It is obvious that Finn is struggling. He roars at the tiger in a painting and says that the tiger is scared and alone and needs a home. He sees a sculpture of a family and he says “families don’t look like that.” Fortunately, Lucy finds a way to forgive, understand, and reach out to Finn who really needs a friend. I have mixed feelings about this book, I can’t deny that it is a lovely children’s picture book that is adorned with superb illustrations, especially those showcasing the artwork of other artists at the gallery. However, I think that had it been a book about a class enjoying the art and learning about artists, different periods, and types of art then it would have worked perfectly. Unfortunately, the author then added in a story of a little boy who looked lost throughout, was on his own, came across as unfriendly, and was then mean to Luna. There are lots of levels to this book. It's a brilliant introduction to all sorts of art, that could be used to explore the paintings and artists further. It's also a story about how families are different and how family situations can impact on feelings and behaviour.We all need Field Trips and this story lets us tag along with a class and experience their fascination as they experience art. You learned that creating or looking at art can help us communicate emotions that might be hard to understand. Children experience strong emotions and Lucy and Finn discover how to overcome their disagreements and forge a friendship.

Every week, Luna looks forward to one special day: the day when she discovers magic among the library shelves with her dad. They discover all sorts of things here – dinosaurs, mummies and unexplained mysteries to monsters and magic. The children are amazed by the art in the huge rooms and even have the opportunity to sketch pictures based on the art they see. When Finn tries to touch a painting, Lucy reminds him that touching isn’t allowed. Angrily, Finn rips up Lucy’s sketch. His work has poetry and performance at its heart, drawing on over 16 years' experience running dynamic creative literacy sessions in schools. He aims to inspire young people through stories and characters they can recognise. I haven’t read any of the Luna Loves books before this one and so I don’t know what format they usually take but when I began reading this I did think it would be more focused on the main charater of Luna and the art in the story rather than her classmate Finn. This isn’t a problem but just something that I noticed. When Finn is mean to Luna her mum sits down with her and tells her that Finn just probably needs a friend and later the two are suddenly good friends at the end of the story even though Finn never seems to be sorry for his outburst and doesn’t apologise. It’s this sudden switch in Finn’s behaviour without really being seen to understand that he was wrong to be mean that makes this story feel so strange to me. I know and understand that the author was trying to send a positive message about friendship and being nice to others whose home life situations could be causing them to act out, but I’m not sure this was done so well as in reality such problems with kids are usually more complex that this and don’t always result in the kids suddenly being nice after being mean. I expected this book to be about a class enjoying art and learning about artists, different periods, and various types of art and how artists create their masterpieces. However, the author has added a story of a little boy (Finn) who wasn’t very interested, was on his own, came across as unfriendly, and was then mean to Luna.

On a field trip to the art gallery, Luna sees a classmate called Finn doing things like not engaging with the other children, scrunching up Luna's drawing or not answering when you talk to him. Luna is guided by her Mum that Finn just needs a friend. There are hints in the story that Finn's family life isn't a happy one. Luna shows Finn kindness and friendship, and by the end Finn and Luna are friendlier and happy. They illustrations are glorious. Not only is Lucy biracial, but her classmates are a multiethnic and diverse group of children. One of the students is in a wheelchair.

Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing - In this story we see Luna going on a school trip to an Art Gallery. However, she notices that Finn is all by himself and when she tries to involve him in the activities, he's not very nice and screws up her drawing. Why is Finn so sad? And can Luna do anything to help him? Luna Loves Art is a young children’s picture book about a little girl called Luna who visiting an art gallery on a school trip. The class sees a lot of exhibitions, some they can only look at, others they can touch. Today is all about books, and Luna has the whole day planned... Dress up as her favourite book character: a unicorn! Meet an author and an illustrator. Buy a new book. But - disaster! - Luna the Unicorn's costume has ripped! Can Dad come to the rescue with some special book magic? The story begins with Luna who loves art and is getting ready to go on a school trip. When she gets to school she’s excited as are the other children, all except for Finn who is looking at the floor. As the kids explore the art gallery Luna is in her element, looking at all the sculptures and paintings, but in the meantime her class mate Finn is quiet and doesn’t seem to be interested. When they reach the impressionists room, Finn tries to touch a painting but Luna tells him he’s not allowed to touch the art. This later causes Finn to act mean towards Luna before he is then taken aside by a teacher. Luna wonders why Finn acts the way he does and is told that Finn might just need a friend. I don’t usually like to give away too much about a story even in a picture book but I do want to comment on what happens as I do feel that something was a big ‘off’ with this story so a spoiler warning for the next paragraph.An important topic to talk about since children are bound to come across some classmates who have unfriendly behaviour at some stage, and it's valuable to help them understand why this can happen. LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. Dads can be funny, loving and the best playmates. They are also often the sole care-giver, at least some of the time. Here’s a selection of fantastic picture books that feature a father and child having adventures together. Perfect for sharing with little ones. Luna Loves Art is a lovely children’s picture book about a little girl called Luna who is visiting an art gallery on a school trip. This is a perfect introduction to the world of art and an insight into the uniqueness of every family. There are hints about Luna's parents being separated as she is dropped off at school by her dad and here mum is already there as a parent helper. Later we learn that a boy called Finn in Luna's class is having a hard time at home. We discover this through his interpretation of the art on display.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment