276°
Posted 20 hours ago

THE PEOPLE NEXT DOOR: A gripping psychological thriller from the no. 1 bestselling author

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I can't think of a better way to keep myself entertained during this freezing early days of the year by listening to a suspenseful thriller.

Tom's glamorous wife Willa has appearances to maintain, and she feels the need to protect her husband Tom when he steps out of line. I really enjoyed With Friends Like These, so I'm chocking it up to this was NOT a trope that I enjoy or was expecting!

Rather, any reader with even a cursory interest in India—Pakistan relations will find the book rewarding. At the end, Roman was stabbed for trying to stop them killing Lana, they escaped, others were shot by an old lady with dementia, and at least one house was torched by people from the council estate. then in comes Pete bestfriend Ash and they hit it off straight away Roxanne not happy about it as she thinks he strays . I am going to chalk it up to not liking him in the first place, so my subconscious was probably looking for reasons to dislike him more. Anyway, it is through books like this that we are reminded how things can spiral out of control if not managed and confronted.

Kia Abdullah does a great job delving into the complexities of human nature, examining how suspicion and prejudice can influence our perceptions and actions. Kia Abdullah is the queen of thought-provoking, smart, and twisty domestic thrillers, as well as riveting legal thrillers. So many aspects of this book has been carefully considered, everything down to the title and use of the word ‘those’ to mean ‘different’ or even ‘antisocial’, but certainly not ‘us’.Ellie and Ash are shocked when they find out that a murder took place in their house five years ago. They move into an idyllic Cotswold Village but quite quickly learn that their house was the scene of a family tragedy, when the father lost his job and went mad with a shotgun. It might seem nit picky, and the story is all about end-of-the-world preppers, and does refer to Climate Change, but there were just too many incidences that required too much stretching of my imagination. In fact, one of the things I love most about Abdullah's stories is that she sets her Readers up with space to do some critical thinking. The way she frames her stories, it explores both sides, instead of hammering home with one character's perspective.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment