276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Jewel Garden

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The despair as per the title, refers to the collapse of the business, but also of Monty’s battle with depression. It’s brutally honest; his description of depression is the best I’ve ever read. Photography by Marsha Arnold; Sam Peat; Riverstreet Events and Jason Ingram, BBC Gardeners’ World Magazine Condition: Good. LONDON. The Tower of London in 1597 1845 old antique vintage print picture. Antique wood engraving; Unsigned (1845). 11.0 x 13.5cm, 4.25 x 5.25 inches. Condition: Good. However, please note: Verso text quite apparent; May have a tight margin on one or more edges. There are images and/or text printed on the reverse side of the picture. In some cases this may be visible on the picture itself or around the margin of the picture. There are two summer seasons in this garden. The first starts at the end of May and continues to mid July and then there is a noticeable shift as the light changes slightly and the whole garden heats up until September.

The Jewel Garden - Monty Don; Sarah Don: 9780340826720 - AbeBooks The Jewel Garden - Monty Don; Sarah Don: 9780340826720 - AbeBooks

Here Monty invites you into the garden at Longmeadow, to show you how you can do the same in your own. Condition: New. Monty Don, presenter of Gardeners World and the face of British gardening, and his wife Sarah tell the magical story of the garden they built at Longmeadow.Über den AutorrnrnMonty and Sarah Don have been gardening together for 30 years.

Summary

Monty Don's gardening programme is essential viewing in my household where his every utterance is treated with reverence. I knew a little about his life, the jewellery business, the depressive episodes etc. This book explains more. A greenhouse had fallen down after 20 odd years in one part of the garden so when we cleared it away and found we had a new and empty part of the garden I decided to make my own Paradise Garden based upon the influences I had seen across the Islamic world. I spent the next spring and summer just cutting the rough grass and clearing the rubbish. I raked every inch three times, got to know the lay of this land intimately. All the time I was planning, dreaming and drawing.

The Jewel Garden: A Story of Despair and Redemption

Overwhelmingly honest, passionate, inspiring, with prose to die for. Like everything else Don does, this purports to be about gardens and gardening but is actually a meditation on family and love. * Julie Myerson, Books of the Year, Independent on Sunday *Condition: Very Good. Ships from the UK. Former library book; may include library markings. Used book that is in excellent condition. May show signs of wear or have minor defects.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment