276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Generique - Bat costume for babies - Classic- 0-6 months (58-66 cm)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What’s the best nighttime creature? Bats of course! The flapping terrors at night, bats are symbolic at Halloween especially. Some folks are terrified by bats and others have an obsession for bats. Whether you have a fascination for English bats or find YouTube videos just adorable, we’re here to help you become a bat for Halloween! Fold the fabric in half length-wise so that the center fold of the fabric is lined up with the vertical edge of your wing pattern.

Bat Costume - Etsy UK Infant Bat Costume - Etsy UK

I am starting to do more and more baby onesies and this is by far my favorite I’ve made to this point. I love how the little bat wings look attached to the body! I just went to my local JoAnn store to the ribbon section and bought it by the yard. It also sews in super easy, too, even if you aren’t good at sewing! It doesn’t take much – I even had some of the 1/4 yard left over. I made each ear by sewing together two triangles of fabric, turning inside out and sliding over the top of wire-framed ear shapes I had attached to a headband. Row 9: Ch 3, (dc in next 7 dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 2) twice, dc in next 7 dc, 2 dc in next dc, turn – 27 sts. Row 1: Sl st in first 2 sts, ch 1, sc in each st to last 2 sts, leave rem sts unworked, turn – 28 (32) sts.I love to sew, but life is so busy it seems like Halloween is the main chance I get to sew. While in the last several years our girls’ costumes have become much more elaborate to make, these bat costumes were nice and simple. It also fits really well since I used a onesie as a guide (we sure do have enough of them!) and the snap tape makes it easy to get baby in and out – something that a lot of knit and crocheted baby items don’t think about!

Baby Bat Halloween Costume | Pottery Barn Kids Baby Bat Halloween Costume | Pottery Barn Kids

Yarn: Malabrigo Yarn Merino Worsted (100% Merino Wool; 210 yards [192 meters]/100 grams): 508 Blue Graphite, 3 skeins Oh where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday we brought this little guy home from the hospital and now he is nine months old!! I took these pictures over the summer when he was smaller but time has just flown by so fast. Row 10: Ch 3, (2 dc in next dc, dc in next 8 dc, ch 2) twice, dc in next 8 dc, 2 dc in next dc, turn – 30 sts. Since I always make them diy costumes, I worked with the girls to design and make this DIY bat costume. They loved the costumes so much, they wore them around the house for ages after… running around pretending they could fly. An Easy Costume DIY

An Easy Costume DIY

Row 5: Ch 3, (dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc, ch 2) twice, dc in next 3 dc, 2 dc in next dc, turn – 15 sts.

Baby Bat Costume - Etsy UK

I originally published this post in 2015 and I’ve updated it recently to answer several readers’ questions and add more detailed steps on how to make the bat wings. You can see more photos of our girls wearing their DIY bat costumes that year in our 2015 Halloween Photos. You just want to be sure you have enough snaps to get the crotch area and the shoulder seam (two for the shoulder and three for the crotch) with enough area left around them to attach. Row 12: Ch 1, sc in next 8 dc, hdc in next dc, dc in next dc, tr in next dc, (tr, ch-3 picot, tr) in ch-2 sp, tr in next dc, dc in next dc, hdc in next dc, sc in next 5 dc, hdc in next dc, dc in next dc, tr in next dc, (tr, ch-3 picot, tr) in ch-2 sp, tr in next dc, dc in next dc, hdc in next dc, sc in next 8 dc.I love designing baby things, though, and even when we don’t have a baby in the house I will still keep making baby items. I’ll just have to find someone else’s little one to model for me!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment