276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elf [DVD] [2017]

£2.47£4.94Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Orphan Buddy (Will Ferrell) sneaks in Santa (Edward Asner)'s bag and ends up in the North Pole. Papa Elf (Bob Newhart) raises Buddy as an elf. His giantness causes all kinds of problems. Santa allows him to go to New York City to find his birth father Walter Hobbs (James Caan) who is actually on Santa's naughty list. He gets a job at a store and befriends fellow worker Jovie (Zooey Deschanel). Having not seen this until now, I felt like a complete freeze miser for unintentionally missing it, although I did see the musical on Broadway in 2012. This film pays great tribute to our modern Christmas culture with references to the Franken-Bass TV specials of my childhood and even gets a very funny Keebler elf reference in as well. Who better to play Santa than Ed Asner? He's completely loveable with absolutely no Lou Grant gruffness.

Elf streaming: where to watch movie online? - JustWatch Elf streaming: where to watch movie online? - JustWatch

Buddy (Will Ferrell) was accidentally transported to the North Pole as a toddler and raised to adulthood among Santa's elves. Unable to shake the feeling that he doesn't fit in, the adult Buddy travels to New York, in full elf uniform, in search of his real father. As it happens, this is Walter Hobbs (James Caan), a cynical businessman. After a DNA test proves this, Walter reluctantly attempts to start a relationship with the childlike Buddy with increasingly chaotic results. Technically it's a stunning masterpiece. I don't think there was a film like this since Paramount took most of it's players in 1933 and put them all in makeup for its version of Alice in Wonderland. In fact the only two in the film who go without any make up because they're the only humans in the film are woodsman Tom Cruise and princess Mia Sara. Weekend Box Office Results: Five Nights at Freddy’s Scores Monster Opening Link to Weekend Box Office Results: Five Nights at Freddy’s Scores Monster Opening

Action / Adventure / Comedy / Family / Fantasy / Romance

I finally got to see Legend in its entirety from start to finish in one sitting. Previously I had only seen bits and pieces. Sad to say this is a film whose parts are greater than the whole. One of the funniest gags is the reemergence of the long defunct Gimbles department store where Buddy meets Deschanel and turns the Santa village upside down by redecorating it overnight. When he surprises her in the employee lounge (complete with shower) as she sings "Baby It's Cold Outside", it's a magical moment, one of many that starts with the sight of Santa's real village. However the rest of the cast looks like they're having a grand old time. Especially Tim Curry who steals the film. He overacts with relish his role of the Lord of Darkness, he's the main reason to see Legend. The perfect holiday movie for the cynical New Yorker (or anybody from any other metropolis) is so colorful and cheerful, yet not one that will give you a sugar overdose. It's the story of Buddy the elf, Will Ferrell, an actor I normally can't abide. He's an orphan who crawled into Santa's bag and was adopted by bachelor elf Bob Newhart and when he learns the truth of who he is heads to the Big Apple to locate his father, the cynical James Caan, and ends up finding a family.

Elf (2003) YIFY - Download Movie TORRENT - YTS Elf (2003) YIFY - Download Movie TORRENT - YTS

Stepmom Mary Steenburgen (along with Dianne Wiest and Sissy Spacek the perfect on-screen mom) immediately takes to him, half brother Daniel Tay finds a playmate and world weary Zooey Deschanel goes from wanting to kill him on their first meeting to completely entranced by his sweetness. Caan must find the kid in himself to from the Scrooge like publisher to a loving husband and father, and that will take a Christmas miracle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment