276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Humans of New York (Humans of New York, 1)

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I want to be a diplomat, and travel, and do all sorts of things that have nothing to do with being disabled. The New Yorker may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. The reformist journalist Jacob Riis, for example, used photographs—collected in books like “How the Other Half Lives”—to uncover the squalor of late-nineteenth-century tenement life on the Lower East Side, along the way becoming an innovator in the use of flash photography.

By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. If there are connections to be made between the photos and the words, they are left untraced, leaving crucial labor to be done by readers—involving and implicating them in an important, if impossible, process of discovery. The result of these efforts was Humans of New York, a vibrant blog in which he featured his photos alongside quotes and anecdotes. In January 2015, Stanton photographed and interviewed a 14-year-old boy from Brownsville, Brooklyn, Vidal Chastanet, who said his greatest influence was his school principal at Mott Hall Bridges Academy, Nadia Lopez.Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Cook Islands, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Gabon Republic, Gambia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Niue, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Republic of Croatia, Republic of the Congo, Reunion, Romania, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Venezuela, Virgin Islands (U. The street background is consistent across each photo in the spread, as is the focus in each quote on what the individual is proud of: the subject on the left is proud of his guitar artistry, the subject in the top right is very proud and protective of her daughter, and the subject in the bottom right is proud of their model girlfriend. In an article written by Brandon Stanton in the Huffington Post, Stanton talks about what his life was like right after getting fired, “I decided to forget about money and have a go at something I truly enjoyed… So I told my mom that I was going to be a photographer and set out on a tour of American cities.

One day, when I was in the eleventh grade, my English teacher came up to me and said ‘If you graduate, I’ll adopt you. The book debuted in November 2015 at number one on The New York Times Best Sellers Nonfiction List of 2015, and was number one again the following month. Through the book we hear parts of conversations that are deemed deep and personal, a type of conversation that many people avoid or do not have. These interviews, and the stories that resulted from them, became the new purpose of Humans of New York.Its a beautifully simple concept, cataloging the stories of the inhabitants of one of the worlds most vibrant cities. Armed with his camera, he began crisscrossing the city, covering thousands of miles on foot, all in his attempt to capture ordinary New Yorkers in the most extraordinary of moments.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment