276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Assistant to the Villain: No.1 New York Times bestseller from a TikTok sensation! The most hilarious grumpy sunshine romantasy book of 2023

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Also, I’m used to action around the romance. This book is mostly dialogue between the villain and his assistant, and only a few things go on around them, and those things are touched on slightly. Then as the reader, we move on to another dialogue scene where the assistant says something that’s supposed to be cute, and the villain then becomes a puddle on the floor. Nope. Can’t do it, folks. As for the characters, i really enjoyed them!! 🥰🥰 I really connected to our two mcs especially and i LOVED the dual pov omg 🤭😩 Ledge is an Adult Fantasy Romance, full of intriguing characters, original storytelling *Rolls up sleeves* *Wipes the sweat from my forehead*. Wow. So this is my first time ever publicly reviewing a book and if feels oddly right that this is the one. If you've even spent a minute on BookTook, then there's a good chance that you've run into Hannah Nicole Maehrer's Assistant to the Villain series and, no, we're not just talking about the book. We actually mean the viral videos that have inspired the brand-new book that you're absolutely going to be obsessed with. And even if you didn't watch the videos, if you're looking for the ultimate laugh-out-loud sunshine x grumpy workplace book, well do we have a recommendation for you. I was pleasantly surprised to find out this is Hannah Nicole Maehrer's debut because her writing's got a perfect flow and it doesn't have the stiffness debut novels are usually characterized by.

And did I mention there's a pet dragon named Fluffy, and Kingsleythe toad who speaks via communication signs?? Congratulations, Sage, from this day forward, you are my new personal assistant. And if you must call me anything, 'sir' will do just fine." But it was neither here nor there. The brand of horror she came across on the day-to-day didn’t ruffle her the way it should have. Her need for normalcy had whittled away, bit by bit, since her employment began, but she didn’t mind. “Normal” was for those who didn’t have the ability to stretch their minds past the unreachable end. It was something her mother had said throughout her childhood, and for some reason, it was the one piece of advice Evie could not ignore.

Latest Posts

Despite these little bumps on the road, I can without a doubt claim this as one of my favorite reads of the year. And while there was not a lot of spice, you can definitely see a side coming out that I have no problems with 😏😏 Well, Assistant to the Villain, the book, has a lot of points in its favor. It's a great example of the Grumpy/Sunshine romance trope done right, in that neither half is overdone or cheesy (except when they're supposed to be for comedic effect, and yes, it lands). Evie and The Villain both won my empathy, which I was not expecting especially from The Villain. Plus, I loved that although these two have romantic chemistry, I bought that they could be friends first, and enjoyed seeing them interact as both friends and employer/employee.

She’d not come to work to find another dead body on her desk since then, but that didn’t mean the last few months hadn’t been challenging. For the most part, The Villain tended to be gone a lot, likely villainizing the nearby townsfolk in some manner she didn’t care to dwell on. They’d made a pact of sorts that he’d not pursue his evildoings within her village—or at least she’d taken his grunt as acceptance. But still, something told her even a dead body on her desk was going to be more fun than the mood he was in today.

See a Problem?

At the end of the day, 'Assistant to the Villain' is a bizarre, simple read that I initially found entertaining. Sadly, the writing, storyline, characters, and narration made it hard for me to remain invested in the story. Those who enjoyed could also love Dial A for Aunties by Jesse Q. Sutanto, as it is another light, comical read. Assistant to the Villain is exactly what you expect and a little more. It has been long seen in the history of reading books that readers fall more for morally gray characters. There is that tipping behaviour of those gray characters that make you want to delve more and more into their story. This book plays on that curiosity. The title itself is enough to evoke a sense of mystery for the story.

edit 8/29/23: release day let’s gooo!!! eagerly awaiting the arrival of my copy and you better believe i’m going to start this right away My answer: Well, the Villain has to escape from the king somehow. I also predict that Evie will discover she has magical powers similar to what her mum had. Sadly, I do not see myself continuing this series, so I may not know if I am right.ASSISTANT WANTED: Notorious, high-ranking villain seeks loyal, levelheaded assistant for unspecified office duties, supporting staff for random mayhem and terror, and other Dark Things In General. Discretion a must. Excellent benefits. The romance was cute tho it didn't really develop into something more, am expecting that to happen in the next book. I loved the pining, from both of them and how the two were always open for communication. This is a clean romance, so no spice. And it works out quite well. The way the two were always so protective of each other was everything!! Evie shook her head hopelessly. "Sir, I hate to belittle your success, but there are people who go their entire lives without killing anyone' His face remained serious. "How dull."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment