276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS RT-AX86U Pro (AX5700) Dual Band WiFi 6 Extendable Gaming Router, 2.5G Port, Gaming Port, Mobile Game Mode, Port Forwarding, Subscription-free Network Security, VPN, AiMesh Compatible

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Asus RT-AX86S vs RT-AX86U vs RT-AX86U Pro: Identical-looking, but one is an (almost) entirely different router If you want to enable DHCP on this VLAN network, you can go to Guest Network Pro (SDN), advanced settings for customization. The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment. Thank you for sharing your view of the RT-AX88U Pro. Want to share some context before I ask a few questions. That said, the bandwidth available at 50-feet dropped to 285.3Mbps, which was just a hair ahead of the Netgear RAX80’s 271.3Mbps. It was behind the TP-Link AX6000’s 396.7Mbps and the Linksys MR9600’s 363.3Mbps.

So my question is, first, do you recommend upgrading to WiFi6 (is it going to give me improvement in connection quality assuming most of my clients are still WiFi5?) and if yes, which one of those would you recommend? ReplyThe RT-AX86U Pro is significantly less expensive, of course, and I prefer its profile. The RT-AX88U Pro has a rather huge footprint, although it is very well suited for placing on a laptop cooling pad, if you wanted to. If the VLAN is with a Guest Network Pro (SDN) profile, you can enable AP isolation to restrict access rights with different WiFi devices respectively. Some updates may inadvertently cause a particular model to go haywire, likely because the company tries to do so much with its routers. The new Pro router on the inside reminds me of the similarly-specced GT-AX6000, part of Asus’s ROG Rapture gaming hardware.

VLAN, short for virtual local area network, is a business feature that allows users to create a logical network on an existing physical network. It's similar to building a mini mother-in-law guest house within your property. I don’t have a gig or more internet connection (it is 200Mbit on optical at the moment and it works fast enough for now). Based on a week of testing using Ixia’s ixChariot’s network simulation benchmark in my 100-year old 3,500-square-foot home, the Asus RT-AX86U was equal parts reliable router and gaming companion. At 15-feet, it had a peak throughput of 929.7Mbps. That can’t compare to the Netgear Nighthawk RAX80’s 1.39Gbps maximum output, but it’s 4 percent ahead of the TP-Link AX6000 (888.2Mbps), 7 percent ahead of the Netgear Nighthawk XR1000 (859.1Mbps) and 12 percent faster than Linksys MR9600 (822.0Mbps).

Other ASUS routers that will eventually support VLAN on the LAN side include: GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, ROG Rapture GT-AXE16000, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWIFI Pro XT1 Additionally, the new router retains all the flexibilities with its network port, allowing you to turn any LAN port (or the USB port) into a secondary WAN port in a Dual-WAN setup or combine LAN1 and LAN2 into a LAN Link Aggregation. How to read an Asus router’s firmware: As shown in the screenshot below, in a particular official firmware version, such as 3.0.0.4. 386_47629, the 3xx number in the middle denotes Asus’s home-grown major release. The following number — often includes five digits, such as 47629 in the screenshot — indicates a minor update. That said, just like all Asus Wi-Fi 6 routers, these three routers seem to have more in common than they do in differences. My question concerned the TUF Gaming AX6000 (TUF-AX6000). https://www.asus.com/networking-iot-servers/wifi-routers/asus-gaming-routers/tuf-gaming-ax6000/

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment