276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gone to See the River Man

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Janine has enjoyed horror from an early age, frightening herself with ghost stories and learning the craft from Stephen King. But I’m old enough now to know there are some things nobody can ever really unnerstand. Folks believe in God. They believe in the Devil. Why not The River Man? Somethin’s gotta make people wanna kill each other. Somethin’s gotta make a soul go bad enough to make somebody rape n’ murder. Ya can call it whatever ya wanna, but ’round here it’s always been him, always The River Man.”

To me that means she wasn't sure of whether or not she way ready for her life to end. She wants to stay, but at the same time she feels she isn't happy anymore. That’s what he wants, she realized. The pain of others. Our suffering. Our heartache and regrets. Our grief and fear. All so his music can be unflinching and true, raw as road-rash flesh.” Big horror fan here; this book didn’t do it for me. All the characters are completely sordid and f***ed up, so there’s no pathos to the inevitable fate of our protagonist. It felt like a novel that starts out troubling and just gets worse. If you’re looking for a novel that will leave you in awe of the spectacle of human wrongdoing, then you might like this novel. It’s a short read with the worst of the worst, running the gambit from serial rape and murder to sibling incest. It wasn’t for me. THEY MEET UNNECESSARY CHARACTERS ALONG THE WAY LIKE A FREAKING TWISTED EPISODE OF DORA THE EXPLORER. ( SERIOUSLY I SKIMMED OVER THESE CHARACTERS IDC AND YOU DONT CARE EITHER OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T BE READING MY SPOILERS LOL) LORI CATCHES HER SISTER AND HER BF DAVID DOING THE "DEVILS TANGO" THAT AWAKENS SOMETHING IN HER TO GO TO HER BROTHERS ROOM AND "DEVILS TANGO WITH HIM"I was immersed in this intense dark tragedy with those two sisters. I was in the woods , and on the river , with them in the journey of their lives . Casi nunca tardo tan poco en leerme una novela, a pesar de que solo tiene 280 me la hubiera bebido aún teniendo doscientas páginas más. Fue empezar a leer y no poder soltarlo. La historia te atrapa irremediablemente y no te da respiro, eso siempre es buena señal, y tiene todos los elementos que me gustan a mi; un asesino en serie, una extraña leyenda, una cabaña mohosa en medio de un bosque y situaciones escabrosas, muchas. Another great book by Triana. I am slowly working my way through his list. Every one so far I have enjoyed and gave 4 stars. This story is dark, the plot moves at a fast pace, and the suspense builds nicely. Just the right amount of gore and blood. I guess the moral of this story is to be careful what you ask for, you just might get it. Lori got it....and a lot more. Sabotaging people romantically might seem timid compared to crushing their skulls with toilet tank lids, but hurting people is an art, and I enjoyed it in all its many forms.”

If you ever get the chance to read this book, maybe you’ll understand my reaction. Gone To See The River Man will be one of those books that will haunt me for a long time. Even the ending didn’t make me feel better.THE OLDER SISTER KILLS ONE OF THE UNNECESSARY CHARCTERS TO HELP LORI BECAUSE " LORI WANTS TO BANG HER BF (THE KILLER") AND LORI PROMISED SHED MAKE HER SISTER A MOH AT THE WEDDING IF HER AND HER SERIAL KILLER GET MARRIED

Edmund tells her she must go to his cabin in the woods of Killen and retrieve a key to deliver to a mysterious figure known only as The River Man.I thought the setting could save it; deep forests with oldie blues overtones that, in other works (namely, Christopher Buehlman's Those Across the River) are written far better than here. She has no faith that things will work out. She thinks everything will go badly. (prayed for the sky to blow away) The main scene with the ‘River Man’ is pin-drop perfect. Triana delivered such a stunning character awaiting in that cabin, that each sentence held weight. I was grinning from ear-to-ear as it was described and when the ‘River Man’ had a meeting with both Lori and her sister, I knew the ending was going to be vicious. I think the mention of lilacs and summer rain could allude to T S Eliot's, the Wasteland opening lines, about how cruel the reawakening of hope and feeling can be when we have been numb.

After acquiring and binge-reading his latest novel, GONE TO SEE THE RIVER MAN, I can now confidently recommend the works of Kristopher Triana to anyone who will listen. This book has teeth and I’m not talking about a story that scratches at the surface and causes a little discomfort. When I say teeth, I mean words that penetrate beyond what is tolerable, inducing extreme, lasting pain. A "file MD5" is a hash that gets computed from the file contents, and is reasonably unique based on that content. All shadow libraries that we have indexed on here primarily use MD5s to identify files.I think I came across this book title on a list of “books with a similar vibe to Silent Hill” and I’m glad I decided to give it a try.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment