276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Monkey Girl: Evolution, Education, Religion, and the Battle for America's Soul

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Even though the Supreme Court banned "creation science" from public schools in 1987, certain factions have not given up on the idea of a challenge, mainly by using the new term - "intelligent design." Humes describes a lecture by Kent Hovind, a bombastic, but wildly popular critic of evolution, now imprisioned after being convicted of tax fraud, as "his usual mix of cornpone humor and utterly incorrect science." And he takes Ann Coulter to task for her many inaccuracies, lies and ludicrous errors in her book, Godless. But you have to love a book that first points out that Coulter confuses tautology with circular reasoning, and then explains the difference this way: "Here's a true tautology: Ann Coulter gets so many things wrong because she gets so few things right." All this is not helping science in the U.S. It is anti-science. It is part of a culture war in the United States between those with a “liberal education” and the “fundamentalist mindset” This book was published over 10 years ago, so I do not know the extent to which the anti-science agenda has grown and how much it has suppressed real science education. I simply cannot understand people, like those in Dover, who interpret the Bible literally. The Bible is not a science book, but they are treating it as such, referring to Genesis, Noah’s Ark as truth. They believe the earth to be 5,000 years old. When people believe that the Bible instead of a multitude of geology books explains the different eras of life on earth this is indicative of a vast cultural and educational gap between those who believe fantasy and those who believe truth. It is a clash of modernity and an ancient medieval view of religion.

This argument grows particularly heated when it involves the public school system. Since the Scopes Monkey Trial in 1925, school boards across the country have debated first whether or not they should allow the teaching of evolution, and more recently whether or not they should allow the teaching of creationism and/or intelligent design. A recent story in Slate reported that thousands of schools are allowed to teach creationism in science classes, in spite of Supreme Court decisions like Edwards v. Aguillard in 1987 that ruled that creationism could not be taught if it was advancing a particular religion. No one can doubt her intellectual abilities, and she’s often envied for them. The Monkey woman is a good observer and can discriminate, so expect her to easily solve problems and to correctly judge characters.

Follow us on:

close overlay Buy Featured Book Title The Girl with No Name Author Marina Chapman, Vanessa James, Lynne Barrett-lee

Firstly I have to say that I found this book both so rivetting and so engaging that I swept through it in about half the time I normally require for a book of this size, a rate more typical of my reading fifteen years ago. The Dover trial was, I think history will judge, an epochal legal event. Lest this seem an exaggeration, I would point out that the judgement has not and probably will never be appealed, that it establishes the creationist play of its generation as unconstitutional, and that Judge Jones's verdict appears to be so sound, and so well reasoned, that it will probably influence legislatures beyond the shores of the USA for decades. It is a little-known fact that courts in some English-speaking countries can be "influenced" by precedents set in other jurisdictions, and this may well be the kind of judgement that will do just that. Normally flexible with what others are saying, she will allow everyone to express themselves. She couldn’t care less when being criticized, not minding talking about her negative traits either.

The Monkey and the Chinese Five Elements:

But this only makes her charming and an impressive person, so her way towards success will be pretty much smooth. This lady can talk a lot, but she’s definitely not the Barbie lady type whose head is completely empty.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment