276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MAC PRO LONGWEAR PAINT POT

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

MAC Paint Pots / Pro Longwear Paint Pots are cream-based, designed to last and last (they do - I will get about eight hours out of these and I have quite oily lids. On non-oily lids, I've had these last up to twelve hours without difficulty). I've even used them on brides - used correctly, there's no reason why you can't. And they get a huge amount of love from MAC Pro MUAs for red carpet events on celebrity faces. Also don’t miss the MAC Cork Lip Liner dupe list and these Chanel bronzer dupes, as well as the Glossier Skin Tint dupes. MAC Unsung Heroes: Layin’ Low Paint Pot / Originally published October 29th, 2015 There are 23 comments on this post. Leave yours.

Originally, I bought Painterly, the pale pink nude cream shadow reviewed here, that makes a wonderful base or a nice everyday shade to wear on its own. I wear it all the time. I also bought Antique Diamond, a sparkly silver grey shade. It’s a nice topper or nighttime shadow.The shimmery finish, particularly more pearlescent/metallic, were significantly more emollient than the matte shades, and this led to sheerer coverage that often applied unevenly and was difficult to apply with precision. They were best applied in thin layers and built up, but the results were inconsistent and varied a lot between shades. I didn't find that they applied any better using brushes over fingertips or vice versa. The wear of the shimmer shades was shorter, too, and there was often a bit of creasing within 10 hours of wear.

They are all cream shadow products which come in either a pot or a tube, and many are a much cheaper option than the Paint Pots:

Overall, I love the color payoff and opacity. The matte shades are great for evening out skin tone and providing a base for eyeshadow application. There are only a few shades in the permanent collection – most of them being neutrals and shimmers. I plan on getting a few more to add to the collection. I’m looking to get Soft Ochre, Bare Study, and possibly Quite Natural. They can be worn on their own as a single shadow and can also be the base for any eye look, as they intensify the color payoff of other eye makeup applied over them. The nude shades I have, and love, and use, and recommend (assuming you can get 'em), are as follows Mac Paint Pots Painterly Layin Low Groundwork Brittny Kindred Mac Paint Pots Painted Pots Makeup Swatches

Quite Natural - A dirty chocolate brown, as with Groundwork, this looks a lot darker in the jar than it appears on the lids, I love this one to create (on me, NC23-25) a hint of a slightly darker-than-neutral eye, but this is great as a neutral base shade for darker skin. The Nabla Cosmetics crème shadows feature as a great dupe too, along with some shades of the Elf Putty Eye Primer and the NYX Eyeshadow Base. MAC Layin Low Paint Pot Discontinued MAC Layin Low is a very warm-toned light brown with a matte finish. Soft Ochre pulls as a neutral on me and doesnt read yellow at all. Find typically the latest and best Mac Paint Pot Matte Colors images here that we all get selected from plenty of other images. You could die wearing M.A.C. Paint Pot pigment, and two years later, there would still be remnants of the product on your lids.When I first opened Layin Low, I wondered if it was different enough from Painterly. And when I compared the two shades, they are definitely different enough. Take a look. We appreciate enthusiasm for new releases but ask readers to please hold questions regarding if/when Other shades, such as Painterly and Soft Ochre, have stood the test of time and remain part of MACs permanent shade range. These shades are as loved now as they were when first released many years ago.

The long-running Unsung Heroes series here on Makeup and Beauty Blog features some of my all-time favorite permanent collection products. People are often looking for a cheaper alternative for MACs Paint Pots as a result. Fortunately there are lots of MAC Paint Pot dupes available which are a fraction of the price.The matte finish is most consistent in performance and tended to perform better than the shades with some level of shimmer. The matte shades were lightly creamy to slightly stiffer to work with, and with the stiffer ones, I preferred using a brush to get the initial product out of the jar and then use a fingertip to furiously diffuse the product. The matte shades were typically semi-opaque to opaque in coverage and longer-wearing--12 to 14 hours before showing a bit of fading--but were varying degrees of blendable (related to how creamy the initial texture was). These little pots of color are both an eye primer and an eye shadow color in one. They come in a variety of different shades. Some shades have been discontinued over the years, having been released as part of limited edition collections.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment