276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Captain Britain Omnibus

£58.995£117.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Strictly speaking this might be the 2021 edition, it seemed to take a good couple of months to reach these benighted shores. To add to the confusion there is another 2021 edition published by Panini which focuses on the Captain Britain material by Alan Moore, Alan Davis, Jamie Delano and Steve Parkhouse. Marvel stated they will be releasing a Daredevil omnibus in support of the TV show. However, no info on content other than it will not be a reprint of Frank Miller's Daredevil companion omnibus. Perhaps Nocenti's run? Ok I'm lying—the omnibus actually ends with two Captain America issues guest starring Captain Britain and one of his old baddies, but these are on the whole pretty forgettable. Alan Moore and Alan Davis represent two of graphic storytelling's greatest innovators. Individually, they are masters; together, they are legend. And for every legend, there is a beginning. For each, this is their first masterpiece, a fitting repository of the literary and artistic standards they would establish. A story that would influence the heart and soul of comic books for generations.

Captain Britain Omnibus available to pre order – ComicScene Captain Britain Omnibus available to pre order – ComicScene

To be fair there is very little of Marvel's current production I still follow. I get Uncanny X-men, All New X-Men and GoTG as singles issues. This omnibus also collects New Mutants Annual #2 and The X-Men Annual #11, but if you’re reading all of X-Men, like I am, then those issues are much better read in their X-Men continuity than in this volume. He is a creature very much of the early 1980s where there were genuine fears of fascist takeover. Political themes are surprisingly dominant even after Thorpe was displaced for being too political (ironically) by the perhaps more subtle Moore.

🍪 Privacy & Transparency

Ralph Macchio( w)."Welcome to Marvel Tales" Marvel Tales: Captain Britain,no.1(September 2020). Marvel Comics. Alan Moore and Alan Davis did some weird stuff, but it was very good material. It is best to say that they kept the story consistent and the history of Cap was well drawn and connected all the dots beautifully. Yes I was talking about the Aaron run before he turned into female Thor. It's strange because the Hawkeyes omnibus has been put out relatively fast considering the volume 4 isn't even out yet. Not only is this omnibus a good place to start reading Captain Britain comics, but I think it’s the best place. This massive tome starts at the very beginning and collects pretty much every appearance of the character before Excalibur (with the odd exception of those Captain America issues). Thorpe's story lines from the 1981 re-boot begin the Omnibus which could be seen a mash-up between Valiant, Marvel and 2000AD [founded in 1977] in style (very British). The troubled history of the creative activity behind the character can be read on Wikipedia for those interested enough.

Captain Britain Omnibus covers and contents revealed

While not the biggest fan of Tini Howard's writing, I do appreciate the worldbuilding she's done for Otherworld which is now a great location for the mutant books and the Marvel Universe at large with plenty left to explore. Alan Moore is an English writer most famous for his influential work in comics, including the acclaimed graphic novels Watchmen, V for Vendetta and From Hell. He has also written a novel, Voice of the Fire, and performs "workings" (one-off performance art/spoken word pieces) with The Moon and Serpent Grand Egyptian Theatre of Marvels, some of which have been released on CD. DAREDEVILS #1-11, MIGHTY WORLD OF MARVEL (1983) #7-16, CAPTAIN BRITAIN (1985) #1-14 and MARVEL TALES (1964) #131-133 – plus MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #65-66, NEW MUTANTS ANNUAL #2 and X-MEN ANNUAL (1970) #11.

Choose Display Mode

Admittedly, this batch of stories feels a bit goofy, and I would hardly call any of them essential for readers of Captain Britain. It’s nice that they’re collected here for the sake of completion, though. Most comics books are released 2 weeks earlier in Direct Market ( specialized comic stores) than in general bookstores. Captain Britain (vol. 2) #1 (January 1985) - Jamie Delano (writer), Alan Davis (artist), Ian Rimmer (editor)

Captain Britain Omnibus 2022 Edition - Collected Wonders Captain Britain Omnibus 2022 Edition - Collected Wonders

When Moore leaves (over 'unpaid invoices'?) the series weakens substantially but that does not make it bad just a little less interesting and more episodic. Eventually it declines into an X-men 'riff' on intolerance as the logic of Moore's world is explored to its natural limits. In the follow-up series Knights of X, also written by Howard, Betsy and the Corps take up refuge with Merlyn's daughter and former magistrix Roma, rescuing mutants facing danger in Otherworld. Refusing Betsy's request for an army, Roma instead sends her on a quest for the Siege Perilous alongside Gambit, Rachel Summers, Bei the Blood Moon, Gloriana, Kylun, Rictor, Shatterstar, Shogo Lee, and Arthur's mutant son Mordred. After being tested by the Siege Perilous, Betsy and her knights forge a pathway to Krakoa, bringing an army of Krakoan mutants to fight against Merlyn and Arthur, with Betsy finally executing Merlyn and decreeing that the Corps will not be bound by any one ruler and will instead defend the multiverse on their own terms. [20] During this ordeal, Betsy also cemented her romantic relationship with Rachel Summers, sharing a kiss as Rachel helps the knights overcome the Siege Perilious. [21] I really expected and wanted to love everything in this book, since I'd never read any of it before. My copy of this book was manufactured between June 18, 2021, and August 30, 2021, at Imak Offset in Istanbul, Turkey. This is the first printing of the expanded version of the omnibus, and the street date for release was April 12, 2022. Anything released prior to that is likely to be one of the smaller versions. GoTG is very uneven, there are some good issues and some terrible one where the guest artist is really really bad...If you’re curious what’s printed in the previous versions of this omnibus, I’ll give you the full list: The 'sequel' by Jamie Delano is engaging until it falls prey to delving into the character of Meggan (for which I have never held an affinity).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment