276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glow (The Plated Prisoner Series Book 4)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As it turns out, Glow was a stellar read! Beautifully blending together historical accuracy and two girls's coming-of-ages, Glow was a book I easily devoured in one extra-long sitting.

Glow Book - Etsy UK

When I was first asked to read and review Megan E. Bryant's Glow, I was instantly intrigued by the Radium Girls aspect. As a chemistry graduate student, I'm always interested in (1) anything that has do with science and (2) seeing how factory workers' conditions once were, especially regarding the case of radium. Glow is a gem of a book. Probably one of my top five of this year. So. Good. I'll be pushing it into readers hands for sure. (And not just the teen ones.) I have to thank the teen patron who recommended it to me, making me promise to read it. I'm so glad I did. LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives.It scares me - what I did that night. Because I don't know my own power . . . But that's been the problem all along, hasn't it?' I'm struggling with how to rate this book. On one hand, I enjoyed it and flew through it, even though I'd already read one of the books in the bibliography and knew exactly what was causing the mysterious illnesses at the factory from the very start. The story was compelling. A spectacularly written, engaging, imaginative retelling of the ancient myth of King Midas' 5***** Reader Review Rejuvenate your body with a Clarins body treatment. Relax, unwind, and let an expert Clarins therapist work magic on you from top to toe! I received an advanced copy in exchange for my honest, unbiased opinion. Thank you Brandi from Flutter Communications, the publisher, author, and NetGalley, for allowing me to review.

The Plated Prisoner Series by Raven Kennedy - Goodreads The Plated Prisoner Series by Raven Kennedy - Goodreads

Meanwhile, Lydia's chapters are told in letter format to her sweetheart Walter, away at war. She's a painter as well, and works to support the war effort at a watch-face painting factory (did you know there was such a thing? I didn't.) The girls there are glad for the job, but mysteriously, begin to fall ill, and it's not pretty what happens to them. Lydia begins to suspect that somehow, the glowing material they use for the watch paint is connected.This vitality-boosting, mood-enhancing treatment uses energising massage movements andoptimised pressure tosweep away stress andhelp rebalance body andmind. After, your skin will look radiant andyour body will feel recalibrated. Soldiers involved in trench warfare were especially in need of watches that could be seen in complete darkness. The harmful effects of radium were not yet known. Factories that produced the luminescent dials were set up Orange, New Jersey, Ottawa, Illinois, and Waterbury, Connecticut. These factories employed young girls and women to paint the numbers and hands with radium. Enter the radium girls. Glow is a young adult novel by Megan E. Bryant that sheds light on a dark time in American history. Julie (Jubilee) Chase, a high school graduate who was looking forward to attending College only to have it postponed due to her mother's debt issues. When the bank was about to foreclose on their mortgage, Julie cashed out her college fund to buy the house. She harbors resentment towards her mother for having to lose her college fund, putting her dreams on hold, while her mom seems to not be bothering to find a job. Julie's friend Lauren is from a well-to-do family and is off to college leaving Julie behind. This creates a rift between the two, bringing the worst out of the both of them. Attempting to salvage their friendship they head off for a fun day of shopping (Lauren's idea), and Julie buys a painting at Lost and Found consignment store. When darkness blankets Julie's room the painting reveals a glowing secret artwork that ignites her curiosity. She becomes obsessed with finding more paintings by the same artist, and attempts to re-create the technique. Julie has no idea that the technique involves the "radium girls" who unknowingly poisoned themselves while painting numbers on watch dials used to help soldiers see the time more accurately during WWI. Theultimate facial ritual toreveal ageless radiance. Thecryo-power oftherare moonlight flower provides unrivalled anti-ageing, youth renewing benefits. Thecombination ofKobido Japanese massage andthecutting edge, potent active ingredients intheproducts, visibly transform theskin, giving itanewburst ofprecious light. From the window of a cosy house in a seaside town, a lonely little candle looks out onto the world. Throughout the year, the small flame watches on as families use different kinds of light to celebrate Lunar New Year, Diwali, Hanukkah, Ramadan, Halloween and Christmas.

Glow Teacher Resources Pack - LoveReading4Kids Little Glow Teacher Resources Pack - LoveReading4Kids

In this treatment wecombine draining anddetoxifying massage with potent plant enriched products toenhance your silhouette. Like allofourtreatments, we’ll start with acomprehensive skin analysis sowecanbest tailor ittoyouandyour body. From firming totightening tobrightening andrehydrating, we’ll make sure youleave feeling your most confident. Listed Under Halloween Events / Halloween Events / Family and Kids Events / Nights Out Events / Outdoor Events This treatment will remove allthebad impurities andreplace with lovely goodness. Designed with plant extracts topromote radiance andhydration, with anti-pollution properties that’ll help protect theskin from theharmful effects ofboth indoor andoutdoor pollution. Your recipe forhealthy-looking skin starts here.The story is told through the eyes of an introverted lead character, Little Glow, a candle flame who wishes to be bolder and brighter. The flame watches from afar as families in the street celebrate various religious and cultural festivals throughout the year, including Chinese New Year, Diwali, Hannukah, Ramadan and Christmas. But, as a family gathers around Little Glow for their own special celebration, it becomes clear that even the smallest of lights have an important purpose.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment