276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Anker Power Bank, PowerCore 5000 mAh Portable Charger, External Battery Power Bank, Compact Mobile Phone Charger with Power IQ, Compatible with iPhone XS Max/XR/XS/X/8/8 Plus, iPad, Galaxy and More

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It is very easy to use, and it has a standard android charger to charge, which is pretty convenient. Qi charging on power banks makes me kinda nervous tbh, the power bank and the devices themselves tend to warm up when charging, and Qi adds even more heat, and you're then sandwiching it all together... It would also not be wrong to have an opinion on "best" suitable set of specs, right? (however superficial that might be in the face of the full and exhausting test by a laboratory that we might want..). Size and weight is good and it is made of material that doesn't get scratched easily which is a plus!

Anker PowerCore 5000 Charger (A1109): Charge the Power Bank Anker PowerCore 5000 Charger (A1109): Charge the Power Bank

is a pretty BIG battery. Unless you're using one to replace a big video battery most people don't need something that big.

Those slim 10,000 mAh models are an absolute essential IMO, won't power a camera while it's running but should still be able to recharge most and those banks are like the size of a phone. Will even get you a couple full charges on a tablet. The magnetic wireless charging output of the Anker PowerCore Magnetic 5K Wireless is limited at 5W. This is just the nature of wireless charging in general with most third-party accessories, unfortunately. Still, it's fine for topping off your device to make it last to the end of the day, honestly. I took this particular battery with me to Disneyland a few weeks ago, and it ensured I had enough juice to get through the full day. However, if you want to use this to charge a non-MagSafe device, you still can — it can work as a regular wireless charger, albeit very slow and not recommended, or you can use the USB-C port for 10W output. If all you need is a ton of power and an array of USB-C ports, the Zendure SuperTank Pro is just what you’re looking for. This 26,800 mAh power bank features four USB-C PD ports that share a combined 100W of output for ultra-fast charging nearly any device you can throw its way. It even has a built-in OLED display for keeping tabs on the output and remaining battery capacity at a glance. Besides it's not like it's very easy to have something w/Qi lined up in a bag or in your hand so the main use case for that on a power bank would be when you're using it on a table or whatever and a short 6" cable is a minor inconvenience at best then (and faster & more efficient).

Anker PowerCore 5000 Review | Tested by GearLab

While the Anker PowerCore Magnetic 5K Wireless arrives with some charge, you'll definitely want to charge it up fully before taking it out since it is only 5000mAh capacity. Anker provides a USB-C cable to charge it with, and the charging input is set at 11W. Since it's not a huge battery, it doesn't take too long to fully charge it — I just left it alone for about two to three hours, and it would be full from zero. Wh is basically the universal limit for carry on. 160 Wh you need special permission from the airline . That's why even V mount video batteries come in 98 Wh versions. Anker Powercore Magnetic 5k On (Image credit: Christine Romero-Chan / iMore) You should buy this if ... If you want to make use of your older charger every day once the capacity has gone down a bit, buy a solar cell for your window and hook the power bank to it. You can get enough power each day to charge phones and tablets, depending on panel size, even in winter. Once it is on your iPhone 12, the magnetic hold is fairly strong and requires a bit of force to take off.Anker (for a similarly sized product say 38.5 Wh) so this is quite inconsistent/confusing for consumers/travellers. I also find it confusing. I have batteries that use a usb-c or micro usb input but then also ones that directly plug into the wall and have an internal charger. Note that the airline limit is specifically not in mAh, but in watt-hours - 27 Ah and 3.7v nominal translates to 100 watt-hours. I remember before 2010, dpreview was not always able to see through the camera manufacturers mumbo jumbo either, since they didn’t always have the test protocols to stress the camears. Zurich airport say "Batteries with a capacity of more than 160 Wh are prohibited in the aircraft cabin"

Anker Powercore Fusion 5000 review: It’s all you need, really Anker Powercore Fusion 5000 review: It’s all you need, really

The small size of the Anker PowerCore Magnetic 5K is easy to carry everywhere, allowing me to top off my iPhone 12 Pro with no cables. fz750 thanks for the link. This again shows that specs from the manufacturers marketing department, are more or less just polished figures on a ”paper”. For context, this device can fully charge a DJI Mavic Air 2, an iPhone 13 Pro, a GoPro Hero 10 and a Sony a7 IV camera at the same time, twice. It’s not cheap, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find a more robust power bank with so many outlets in this kind of form factor. I find this one pretty good below, shows the honest (nicely called the "Pinocchio factor") performance compared to the claimed specs, but is from 2019. Yeah getting into that nitty gritty would be worthwhile IMO but it'd probably be a big endeavor that would require frequent updates... Sony didn't even support USB PD until very recently but did support charging over USB-C, whereas Oly only requires like 30W to run the E-M1 III off PD (it's in their manual), I think some of Fuji's bodies are in that neighborhood but it might vary... Beat just head to the boards for for brand of body.There is an example on the blog mentioned above how to calculate & it gives a figure of 52Wh for another Anker 10,000 mAh powerbank. You are limited to 5W wireless charging output, so don't expect super-fast charging. But it's a good way to top off. I think it is also worth mention/investigate which PD setup will be able to run the given camera. For example the R5 needs 45W delivery to run on the power bank, but will charge the battery - when it is turned off - with much smaller power. USB PD actually negotiates a bunch of different possible combinations between the charger/battery and device, for instance a phone could ask for 5V 3A just as easily as it could ask for 9V 2A or even 9V 3A... It just depends on what both of the devices support, disclose, and ask for...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment