276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think

£11.495£22.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The book is best suited to individuals with low-risk symptoms of stress or anxiety, those usually managed in primary care, a valuable bit of ‘homework’, and in between mental health review appointments with the GP. Discover simple yet powerful steps you can take to overcome emotional distress—and feel happier, calmer, and more confident. Dr. Dennis Greenberger is a clinical psychologist and founder and director of the Anxiety and Depression Center in Newport Beach, California. Evidence that Does Not Support the Hot Thought: Now take off your defense lawyer hat and put on your prosecutor hat. It’s time for some cross-examination. Your hot thought likely has some holes in its story, and your job now is to find them. This step tends to be harder. Your evidence against I’m always screwing up might look something like this:

Automatic Thoughts (and Images): List thoughts and images that pop up in relation to the situation. These thoughts can be so automatic that we don’t even know we’re thinking them. You can start by trying to remember what was going on in your mind right before your mood shifted. Here are a few typical examples of automatic thoughts: Whenever you experience a mood, there is a thought connected to it which defines the mood (seems simple enough but for some reason I'd never thought of it that way). See also the Spanish-language edition: El control de tu estado de ánimo, Segunda edición. Plus, mental health professionals, see also The Clinician's Guide to CBT Using Mind Over Mood, Second Edition. Once you have your list of thoughts, identify the hot thought. The hot thought is the one with the most “juice” or “charge,” the one most strongly linked to your mood. Circle the hot thought. This is the “defendant” you are going to put on trial. Based on over 40 years of front-line research, this renowned book provides clinically proven strategies to help you manage your mind and the emotions that can so easily destroy your quality of life. Drs. Greenberger and Padesky show how your thoughts affect your feelings and teach step-by-step skills so you can free yourself from painful moods. The first edition of this book was a classic--the second edition is even better, and will be a trusted guide for even more people across the globe."--Mark Williams, DPhil, coauthor of The Mindful Way Workbook

I found this book at a garage sale and thought it would be a great addition to my work resources! I went through it cover to cover and tried all of the exercises myself. Really enjoyed this workbook. Over a million people have used Mind Over Mood to alleviate--and in many cases eliminate--the suffering caused by depression and other psychological problems. Drs. Greenberger and Padesky are brilliant therapists whose thoroughly updated second edition is informed by the latest research and therapeutic innovations. Science has demonstrated incontrovertibly that changing the way we think about emotional situations is among the most powerful ways to change emotions themselves. Everyone struggling with challenging moods or emotions should read this book."--David H. Barlow, PhD, ABPP, coauthor of 10 Steps to Mastering Stress The people my mistake impacted may have been a little upset, but there is no evidence they think I’m incompetent. In 2002, the British Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Psychotherapy named Mind Over Mood: Change How You Feel by Changing the Way You Think the most influential cognitive therapy book of all time

Negative thinking about the world is a style of thinking in which we notice and remember negative aspects of our experiences more vividly than positive or neutral events.Winner (Second Place)— American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award, Consumer Health Category Next, rate how much you believe each new thought, on a scale from 0% to 100%. Often, how much you believe your alternative/balanced thoughts is related to how much your moods have changed in the next step. One of the most borrowed books in 2008 according to the Guardian Newspaper (United Kingdom). They listed it as #7 in their non fiction popularity poll Revised and expanded to reflect significant scientific developments of the past 20 years, the second edition contains numerous new features: expanded content on anxiety; chapters on setting personal goals and maintaining progress; happiness rating scales; gratitude journals; innovative exercises focused on mindfulness, acceptance, and forgiveness; 25 new worksheets; and much more.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment