276°
Posted 20 hours ago

HUAWEI AI Cube Smart Speaker with LTE Mobile Connection (CAT.6), 4G Router, Amazon Alexa Built-in, Up to 300Mbps Download Speed, High Power Speaker, White

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Still, the AI Cube is fast, and that’s good news, because some home broadband can be faster than 4G, so for a 4G alternative to compete it needs to be able to make full use of 4G speeds. As you have found with your iPad, you're getting the same speeds with a CAT4 device (a CAT4 cannot aggregate any bands) as you are with your B900, suggesting that both are connected to a single 4G band (probably B3). Getting connected to the web through the Huawei AI Cube is very simple. Just insert the SIM into the slot on the bottom of the speaker, plug it into the mains, then connect your device to the speaker via the Wi-Fi details supplied on the underside.

This review aims to answer that question, as well as looking at the price, design, performance and features of the Huawei AI Cube. So read on to find out if this is the 4G router, speaker and smart home controller for you. Design B32 is a supplementary downlink (SDL) band and must always be aggregated with another band that can provide uplink connectivity - from what I've seen usually this is achieved on router devices by using B20, as with your B900.

A 4G router with a smart speaker

The Huawei AI Cube is a seriously impressive device, managing to both match most smart speakers and better most home broadband devices. The true power and effectiveness of the Huawei AI Cube’s 4G connectivity function will vary vastly depending on where you use it, and how good your network operator’s performance is in your particular area.

WLAN: WiFi 802.111a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band(2.4GHz & 5GHz), 2 x 2 MIMO, 2 x 2 DBDC(Dual-band, dual-carrier) The AI Cube has an ethernet port and power supply on the bottom, and volume keys and a button to mute the microphone on the top – of course, when not muted the device will mostly be controlled by voice, more on which below. Setup The SIM card slot is also at the bottom with the Reset hole. The Huawei B900 WiFi cube uses Micro SIM card size. Below the IMEI & S/N number label, there is an Ethernet port for LAN and WAN. The power plug port is at the side of the Ethernet port. In the flesh, it is loud, making plenty of noise in a busy room. While loud is good, there was depth and roundness to the sound too, though without testing the audio quality alongside its key competitors or in a controlled environment. Hỗ trợ 1 cổng Gigabit Ethernet thích ứng Wan/Lan giúp việc kết nối bằng dây với tốc độ nhanh hơn ổn định hơnphotos maximum, each photo's size should be less than 10MB (bmp, jpg, png, gif, and jpeg are supported) This got me thinking that maybe it was something to do with the "Cat" specification of the modems in the different devices. I tried the SIM cards in an old LTE iPad Air 2, which I believe is a Cat 4, and only achieved 10mbps. However, when browsing these forums I see that people further away from their nearest mast than I am are getting much higher speeds on the B900. The 4G mast that I connect to is situated in the next door property to my house, exactly 28 metres away from the router with a direct line of sight, hence my disappointment at the speeds that I have been getting. That makes it the potential heart of any smart home and a very versatile device. And it’s a speaker that you’ll likely want to listen to music through, as it includes a 400ml sound cavity and an aluminium diaphragm. The main feature of the Huawei AI Cube beyond providing 4G home broadband, is its smart speaker credentials.

It’s a great addition to any home where Wi-Fi connectivity proves problematic and 4G performance is strong. It could also become a useful travel companion if your premises don’t always tend to have reliable Wi-Fi.On a related note, the Huawei AI Cube can get up to 64 devices online at once, which should be far more than most people will need and is at least double what most mobile broadband devices allow. Hỗ trợ 64 user kết nối đồng thời trên cả 2 băng tần, Hỗ trợ tất cả các thiết bị kết nối wifi hiện nay: máy tính bảng, smartphone, smartivi, camera wifi…… A 400ml sound cavity paired with an aluminium diaphragm and passive radiators combine to deliver what Huawei calls '"big sound". Adopting its proprietary Histen sound tuning technology seen in Huawei and Honor smartphones, the claim is that the AI Cube sound is 360-degree and immersive. The Huawei B900 AI Cube looks a little bit similar to its predecessor Huawei B528 but there is the obvious difference. On the top, there are three keys available: one volume up key, one volume down key, and one mute key. On the body, there are three LED indicators for Signal, WiFi and LAN. However, unlike the latest Huawei B618s-22d WiFi router, there is no connector for the external antenna in the B900 AI Cube.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment