Magento Forum - UK Magento Forum (Unofficial)

An unofficial but dedicated Magento Forum for Magento Users, Designers and Developers

Upgrade Magento to 1.9 from 1.6

A forum to discuss Magento development and coding

Upgrade Magento to 1.9 from 1.6

Postby olidev » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:31 am

Magento is a great platform for building an ecommerce store. It makes managing store easier and provides features that improves the performance and user experience of your store. If you are currently using Magento 1.6, then it is important that you should upgrade Magento to 1.9. Magento 1.9 has lots of features and benefits. The new features are mostly focused on improving checkout and frontend UI.
olidev

Re: Upgrade Magento to 1.9 from 1.6

Postby Martin Wann » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:19 pm

I totally agree with you that Magento 1.9 is a good choice for running eCommerce store. Due to this point, I would draw your attention to one more automated migration service as Cart2Cart. The tool is fully automatic offering a simple 3-step procedure that requires no tech assistance. It moves Magento 1.6 store`s data including lots of entities to Magento 1.9 just up to a couple of hours and causes no harm to Magento 1.6 store productivity.

Additionally, before getting to a full switch, a free demo is available. Thanks to it, you can evaluate the achieved results and afterward launch a full one.

Hopefully, it will help you too;)
Martin Wann

Re: Upgrade Magento to 1.9 from 1.6

Postby alvin2013 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 am

Updating to Magento 1.9 is the necessary decision if you still want to use Magento 1. Magento 1.9.3.4 is the best version with many features and fixes. btw, I published a new post about How to check Magento version and update your current version to the latest version of Magento 1 & 2.
The Best One Page Checkout Magento Extension | 4 ways to check Magento version without code
alvin2013

Return to Magento Developers