276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Grip Trilogy

£11.015£22.03Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kennedy Ryan always knew that she was going to grow up to tell stories, as many writers often do. The road to that being fulfilled has been one that she paved with the help or random jobs. The jobs would help her to support her family, keep them eating, and keep a roof over their heads and a house for them to live in. The snippets of Bristol and Grip we got during the Soul series weren't nearly enough. In Flow, we get to see how that magic between them first began. I loved their connection in this novella... They're so deep, feeling all the things in so little time, that you just know something magical is coming. In Still, their happily ever after is remarkable. There is happiness in abundance: eye-opening, jaw-dropping, panty-melting happiness. Their chemistry has only intensified and it makes for some thigh-clenching reading. Grip is a fabulous mosaic of passion, sacrifice, angst, understanding, and hope. It’s a love letter to the dreamers, the disillusioned, and the oppressed. It’s a song underscored by multi-faceted characters and an addictive plot.

I want a love with no walls. This world uses whatever it can—race, politics, religion—to divide us. We can have differences, but promise me they won’t be walls that divide us.” She might just be the one woman in the entire world that he probably can’t have. She is gorgeous and has a sweet personality. Walsh never even thought that he would find a soulmate like this, but he knows that if there is someone out there for him, Kerris is it. The only issue is that it was his very best friend that found Kerris first. This is one of the best books I've ever read. It's beyond beautiful. The characters are soo unbelievably amazing. This series has a power couple! I cannot think of another book that has that, not like Bristol and Grip. When It Falls Apart by Catherine Bybee: Review, excerpt, interview with the author, and a giveaway! With Flow, a short prequel, I got not just a hint but a pretty damn good look into how they first met and how deep their relationship goes. Especially on a personal level. Their interactions were phenomenal and I loved how comfortable they were around each other. They reveled in each other's company and their conversations flowed effortlessly, layered with so much intensity. I couldn't remove my eyes from the intoxicating prose and words of Kennedy Ryan. Grip and Bristol were amazing and turned out to be very complex and multi layered characters. I loved the range and depth of their conversations which were a great mixture of race and culture. Also their own views and opinions of today's and the 90's society played a huge part of this story and I appreciate that Ryan chose to go that route with Grip and Bristol. My impression and love for both of them only expanded and I got so much more excited as the story progressed.The chemistry between Bristol and Grip was just off the charts amazing. They had an instant connection and Kennedy Ryan did a fantastic job of making the reader feel the emotions along with them especially with that cliff-hanger ending. OMG....This was an excellent read. When I read the Souls series I was very much intrigued by Grip and Bristol's relationship and wondered what was their story. Because they certainly had chemistry in spades. Their simmering lust and attraction also hinted at a much more deeper connection. Grip has become one of my favorite heroes of all times.. I've never read a character or even met a man like him.. he is so in love with Bristol.. in a way that you can even feel it.. and that's the beauty of Kennedy's words. When you read her words you actually feel so much of what Grips is going through, or what Bristol is felling. I could feel the powerful connection between them.. the angst, the worry. Everything they went through was very well felt through Kennedys writing..

Ryan is a devoted mother and a wife. When she is not busy writing she is passionate about doing whatever she can to help families that live with Autism. This is a cause that is close to her heart as her son ended up being diagnosed as having Autism when he was just two years old. Since then she has considered it her personal mission to try and help families find services and the resources that they require. So many different topics that our society must deal with and unfortunately at times go undealt with left behind as if ignored they can go away. The author has done an amazing job presenting these topics and not once did I feel I was being told to feel a certain way. Both pov's regarding the issues were presented. It was not one sided. This short novella just shows how far Grip and Bristol have come. Their lives are busier than ever and after all they’ve been through they know they need to prioritize each other and their marriage. Their love is stronger than ever. As our hero is a rapper and the heroine is a music manager there is a lot of music talk besides some fantastic lyrics. Here is the link to the author's Spotify playlist Flow/Grip One of many things Kennedy Ryan succeeds with in Grip and also Flow are her choice of topics and how she weaves them into Grip and Bristol's story. Especially music and race plays a huge and important role. It gives the story an edge but most importantly it also gives more depth to the characters. Not just to Grip and Bristol but also to the secondary characters. Grip is an extraordinary story with a powerful message which has to be experienced.

Publication Order of Soul Books

The story of Grip and Bristol continues and this time we get to see so much more about their struggles and beautiful moments.

I look at her, cataloging her features one by one and realizing the most fascinating thing about this girl isn’t visible to the naked eye." I've followed Grip and Bristol since they were introduced in Soul, the two books about Rhyson and Kai where they were secondary characters. What a journey Grip and Bristol have been on and it concludes in this phenomenal book STILL. I was one of those who was left wanting more of Gripstol when I finished Grip, so I was pretty darn happy when Kennedy Ryan announced STILL. No matter if everything was collapsing all around, no matter if they felt like the world had no room for their relationship.. love kept them together, love was their safe place ... love was the only language they understood.. No matter what life threw at them, with their love, they will be always ready to fight. Their love was put to a test for years but Still love kept bring them closer together.. Don't let me keep telling you about it and GO grab your copy of GRIP and I garantee you that you will love it as much as I do and will be in a MAYOR BOOK HANGOVER when you finish.Grip- WOW WOW WOW......this story blew me away. Besides being a love story, it was a story that crossed race and social issues that are alive and well in this country. It was emotional, it was heartbreaking, it was thought provoking, it was loving and it was HEALING. Stories of interracial couples have stereotypes and stigmas but this author traverses the issues and displays them in a real, raw, captivating way. While the story is not all about racial difference, the love story of Grip and Bristol is full of meaningful feelings from past and present that all intertwine into a magnificent book. Wow... I don't know if I can express how much I enjoyed this book. I took my time reading because I always finish a book I have been waiting for and end up with with book hangover. I cried many times, but I also wanted so much to scream too. I don't know I think so many issues were inside this read. Some very close to my heart because of my family. Anyway, if you have read Grip and Bristol's story, you should. It is very well written. You won't be sorry even if some parts that make you cry. I can easily tell that Kennedy Ryan is a huge fan and admirer of poetry. Her prose feels just like that. Poetry. Her words flows with ease, gently pulls my along like a wave and I'm immersed. I'm in another world, the world of Kennedy Ryan and that's definitely the place to be. While I read STILL I felt how impervious their love was. It showed in their words and actions. No matter how broken or vulnerable they both were they persevered because of their unconditional love and theirs was truly epic.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment