276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Girlcrush: The #1 Sunday Times Bestseller

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Like people perform gender in all sorts of ways but Rose very much felt written as a butch lesbian who's pronouns got changed at the last minute. Using modern social media as a way to explore the Jekyll and Hyde themes of duality, public life vs. And then I came out the other end of it saying no to my husband, growing out my armpit hair, telling him when I don’t want to have sex. private life, and addiction while also talking about what it's like to come into bisexuality "later" in life, like on paper this should have been a great story.

i don’t think that i need to tell anyone why that scene is terrible (and cringey written on top of that! Girlcrush tells the story of Eartha, who embarks on a journey of sexual exploration as an openly bisexual woman who becomes embroiled in a dangerous online world. The bio-essentialism and queer stereotyping in here made me uncomfortable, and also I didn't find this book sexy at all. Nein, Leute, deswegen hier ein kleiner Reminder, auch wenn ich nicht glaube, dass jemand von euch den wirklich braucht: Bisexuell bedeutet, dass eine Person nicht nur ein Geschlecht anziehend findet.Every now and then there was "Directors Notes" sections which was so strange and added absolutely nothing to the book other than making it feel like a weird half script half book. as i already said earlier, this book weirdly equated the struggle of not being seen as queer enough in your own community with the struggle of having to live in a society that is deeply violently and verbally homophobic. She’s sold it as “a dark, feminist retelling of Jekyll and Hyde”– but people have already argued it’s actually *nothing* like the classic horror story. the fact that nobody would go viral and stay popular for long for coming out as bisexual aside- i actually think that this book has committed worse crimes; it’s terribly written and the epitome of white queer feminism. The themes it tackled best were related to the fakeness of social media but in 2022 don't we all already know that?

And it’s safe to say she probably won’t be hailed as this generation’s Jacqueline Wilson anytime soon. Why does Eartha get sooooo many followers overnight in comparison to how many views and likes she gets on her video.Influencer gibt es ja auch in unserer Welt und durch dieses Buch begegne ich Influencer:innen, die mir online angezeigt werden, inzwischen fast schon mit Mitleid.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment