276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Leah's Voice

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

They were well used to hearing her sing at home as the whole family, including Leah's older sister Jade, 22, would have karaoke nights in the kitchen every Friday night to round off the week. When a long-distance relative comes for a visit, Jody and her brother Josh, who has autism, find themselves teaching Great Aunt Tilda the rules of the games they like to play.

Leah’s Voice, by Lori DeMonia | Book Spotlight

You can sign up to Lincs Inspire at the event or online. Children & Young People (lincsinspire.com). Understanding Samantha tells the story of a brother, David, who is doing his best to understand his sister’s differences. Even with all the struggles it implicates, he decides to help and guide her through an extremely hard process of adaptation, while at the same time illustrating how she perceives the world. Raising Awareness In My Mind, by Adonya Wong, this a children’s book that explores the inner world of an autistic child, the world that no one else can see. Leah said that writing about family separation and bereavement was like "opening a wound again", but that it allowed her to tell her story more truthfully.Another great mention is Naoki’s latest book, Fall Down 7 Times Get Up 8: A Young Man’s Voice from the Silence of Autism The Categorical Universe of Candice Phee, by Barry Jonsberg On today’s episode we’re talking all about autism homeschooling. But we’re also sharing how our guest helped prepare her autistic son for the arrival of their new baby. Our guest, Nicole, has tried numerous times for her son to attend school. But, unfortunately, the school setting has not worked out… Autism, the Invisible Cord is the perfect way for children with autistic siblings to understand and have insight into their world. Cain explains how feelings of resentment or pride towards a sibling that suffers from this condition are perfectly normal, and that there are ways to deal with those feelings. The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism, by Naoki Higashida She told us: "There's something I explore at the end of the book, about how we live these extraordinary lives. We're always challenging ourselves to be the best that we can be, but actually there's so much contentment in these lovely normalities of life, without this need to be striving to become famous.

Book Review – Leah’s Voice by Lori DeMonia - Autism Daily

Monique is a graduate from The Cleveland Institute of Art with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Illustration. She draws her inspiration from children’s books, different cultures around the world, and she enjoys to challenge herself with each new project. Monique is always looking for new ways to hone her skills as an Illustrator and a Designer. It’s not something that will go away, but we see Leah handle things better all the time,” Daddy said. “And we can try to see the world a little like Leah does. If we waited for her to be just like you or anyone else that would be a lot of waiting.”I think that, being on The Voice, I protected my family story. They wanted to know about family heartbreak and all that, to make a good show, but I refused to shared that. I spent a long time working with the press team to ensure stories about my family didn't go public, because it involved a lot of people and a lot of people's lives. It didn't seem like the right platform to share that, but with this book, it did feel like the right platform. It's me getting a chance to tell it, and it's also me speaking out to people who may have had to deal with family bereavement or family breakup or the whole pain of having to go through the music industry. With this book, I knew I'd be able to encourage people and speak a bit more hope into that situation."

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment