276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Year of the Locust: The ground-breaking second novel from the internationally bestselling author of I AM PILGRIM

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

MGM Acquires Terry Hayes Thriller 'I Am Pilgrim' ". Deadline Hollywood. Penske Media Corporation. 17 July 2014 . Retrieved 17 May 2015. For the American politician, see Terry Hayes (politician). For the American wheelchair fencer, see Terry Hayes (fencer). Move over Jason Bourne. CIA operative Kane redefines the smart but vulnerable bad ass super spy in this dazzling cat-and-mouse thriller where the entire globe is a chessboard, and everyone’s playing for keeps Lisa Gardner

The spiritual meaning of locusts is often interpreted as a symbol of transformation, regeneration....... Deze reis wordt ontzettend gedetailleerd beschreven en het voelde alsof ik er zelf was. De spanning is erg goed voelbaar en ik werd erg enthousiast. De gebeurtenissen die zich afspelen in dit gebied zijn nogal barbaars. Terry Hayes's first novel, I am Pilgrim was released about 10 years ago and I do remember it coming out because I was in the book trade at the time but got distracted with other books and forgot about it! If you’re one of the many readers who loved I Am Pilgrim, you’ve no doubt been hanging out for this hotly anticipated sequel… and you won’t be disappointed. If you missed the buzz when I Am Pilgrim was released, or perhaps it’s been languishing on your TBR pile, now is the perfect time to dive in! If people continued on, they would realize that Kane doesn't spend too long in this timeline and the rest of the book occurs in the present so if anyone threw the book down, take it from me personally that you will finish the book on a high note.We all fell in love with Terry Hayes when he took the spy thriller world by storm in 2014. I Am Pilgrim is still today nine years later is considered by many to be the finest book written for a thriller fan. Terry Hayes is a former journalist and screen-writer. Born in Sussex, England, he migrated to Australia as a child and trained as a journalist at the country’s leading broadsheet. At twenty-one he was appointed North American correspondent, based in New York, and after two years returned to Sydney to become an investigative reporter, political correspondent and columnist. It’s the tenth anniversary of the publication of I Am Pilgrim which to my eternal gratitude found a huge audience around the world,” said Hayes in last month’s official press release from Emily Bestler Books, an imprint of Atria Books at publishing powerhouse Simon & Schuster. “To my great relief, I have now completed my new novel, which has been a far longer journey than I anticipated. To say that it’s epic is something of an understatement, but I am incredibly proud of it and even more excited that it has the opportunity to reach an audience at last.” The action is so real that you find yourself holding your breath even though you know the main character is narrating the story. Hayes' debut novel, I Am Pilgrim was published by Transworld Publishers on 18 July 2013. That same month, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer acquired the film rights to the novel with Hayes attached to adapt it into a screenplay. [8] His second novel entitled The Year of the Locust was planned for release in 2016, [9] was finally released 9 November 2023.

At the same time, Hayes gives readers plenty to invest in. The characters are fully formed, and there are unexpectedly tender, poignant moments that keep the stakes high and human – which in turn keeps readers gunning for a resolution.

This is a book for a Terry Hayes fan more than an I Am Pilgrim fan but you have to read it to understand what I mean by saying this. You also have to go in very open-minded.

Firstly, like many others I loved I Am Pilgrim, I’ve recommended it to many of my friends and when I read it I didn’t even want to blink as it wasted reading time. The relationship with his girlfriend, Becca proves how human and vulnerable Kane is and the dynamic between them was great - especially later on in the book - I loved how she stands up to Falcon in a particular scene and exhibits...gumption which is a trait I greatly admire. Kane himself is a very engaging character and he has many layers and he's very human despite his phenomenal skill set. He has vulnerabilities and fears just like everyone else and I think the character was very authentically written and just brilliant to read about and spend time with.Dan lees je over Kane en zijn uiteindelijke ontmoeting met de grootste vijand en ook hier was de spanning goed aanwezig. Uiteindelijk krijgt het verhaal in de laatste twee delen ook een sci-fi tintje, dus dit moet wel je smaak zijn, anders weet ik niet zeker of het je gaat bevallen. Born in Sussex, England, Hayes moved to Australia at the age of 5. [1] He began his career as a journalist, working as the US correspondent for the Australian newspaper The Sydney Morning Herald. [1] Family [ edit ]

Compare this with the thrillers written by Mr or Mrs Clinton, and you come away feeling that Hayes is the one who has more inside knowledge Jake Kerridge, Telegraph

Retailers:

Three quarters of the book is spy thriller and then he switches in a 180 degree turn and it becomes Science Fiction - a very ballsy move, folks and dangerous. When I finished the book, I read about readers' reaction to this and yep, a few people DNF'd it, put it down and didn't continue. The Year of the Locust is a story of bravery, hardship, sacrifice, endurance, evil and finally succeeding against all odds. Het jaar van de Sprinkhaan' telt maar liefst 765 pagina's en is opgedeeld in vier delen. Je maakt kennis met Kane, een spion die werkzaam is voor de CIA. Hij wordt op missie gestuurd naar het Midden-Oosten en daar is het behoorlijk gevaarlijk...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment