276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dark Waters

£6.995£13.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Invictus” is heavy and orchestral; close your eyes and imagine an accompaniment with an orchestra in a theatre setting. “Underland” is the last “new” song before a piano version of “The Quest and the Curse”. The pristine record marks a game-changing chapter in the band's history and presents the brainchild of keyboardist, founder and main songwriter Martijn Westerholt with a new lineup. Rejoining the fold and bolstering DELAIN’s continuity are original guitarist Ronald Landa and original drummer Sander Zoer, while new members - terrific vocalist Diana Leah and bassist Ludovico Cioffi - continue to evolve their sound. DELAIN's sixth full-length album, the Westerholt-produced "Apocalypse & Chill", was released in February 2020 via Napalm Records. A sonic rollercoaster ride of catchy tunes with explosive elements - ranging from pop to film score-inspired to blistering metal, DARK WATERS is sure to enthrall long-time fans and new listeners alike. A refreshed and re-energised Delain but one that stays true to the sound that has made them such a beloved symphonic metal band. It’s a scary time for listeners though, as with any major line-up change to a favourite band. Even more so when one major aspect is the change of vocalist. Charlotte Wessels has left some big shoes to fill having sung for Delain for around 16 years.

Dark Waters follows the chart-breaking Apocalypse & Chill (2020), integrating the most refined sounds in the genre. DELAIN’s renowned orchestral arrangements, highlighted by modern shadings, set new standards and manifest the five-piece on top of the scene. A sonic rollercoaster ride of catchy tunes with explosive elements - ranging from pop to film score-inspired to blistering metal - merge perfectly with Diana’s fantastic voice, showcasing her incredible talent and musical sophistication. While listening to “Queen of Shadow” a though occurs to me. When you consider the farce that The Grammys is with disposable mediocrity being rewarded in a lot of cases, it is clear in the Symphonic Metal world there is an abundant supply of quality and talent that wipes the floor with many of the preening prima donnas and their entourages. hours ago Finnish Industrial-flavored metal band Kaos Krew releases their sixth album in December – final single out now! If I had any other criticisms to level at this album, other than the handful of songs that don’t hit as hard as they could, it’d be that I would like a little more variety in terms of the pacing and tempo of the music. As I listen, I can’t help but think that the whole thing would benefit from greater dynamics and changes of pace all round. Mid-tempo is all very well, but sometimes, the listener needs to be offered something to jolt them from their comfort zone. And it happens a little too rarely on ‘Dark Waters’ for my tastes.

Newly added merchitems

Dark Waters is the seventh studio album by Dutch symphonic metal band Delain. It was released on 10 February 2023 via Napalm Records. [2] [7] Emerging as a brand new start and safe haven alike, Dark Waters, without any doubt, continues the legacy of this multi-million-streamed leading symphonic metal outfit and contains everything DELAIN is loved for and more.

After the mass exodus of 4/5 of the band in 2021 it was always going to be interesting how the new line up would sound. Dutch symphonic metal pioneers DELAIN break into new realms with their eagerly awaited, brand new full-length, Dark Waters, out February 10, 2023 via Napalm Records. The pristine record marks a game-changing chapter in the band's history and presents the brainchild of keyboardist, founder and main songwriter Martijn Westerholt with a new lineup. There are times when you get the feeling that Delain are playing just a little too safe on ‘Dark Waters’, which is entirely understandable given the upheaval that has occurred over the last few years. Nevertheless, in spite of my criticisms, I am left with mainly positive feelings towards ‘Dark Waters’, certainly more positive than I was expecting when I pressed play for the first time. I was expecting to be bored or left ambivalent at best. The fact, therefore, that I have been moved to write this review and offer a generally positive critique is a genuinely welcome surprise. For the first time, I find myself recommending a Delain record, but I honestly hope that it won’t be the last. Delain - 'Queen Of Shadow' Single And Video Premieres". Metal Storm. 9 February 2023 . Retrieved 9 February 2023.DELAIN's MARTIJN WESTERHOLT Announces End Of Band's Most Recent Lineup: 'The Others Have Chosen To Pursue Different Paths' ". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. 15 February 2021 . Retrieved 14 December 2022. Queen of Shadow” has some pretty powerful riffs and a bombastic feel, making it a fitting choice as the final single before the release of the album. It’s a real treat for fans eagerly anticipating the album drop. The chorus is sure to be a standout moment, with its catchy and memorable melody. “Queen of Shadow” is yet another strong offering from the album and is sure to be well received by fans just before the album goes live this Friday. Titled Dark Waters, the upcoming album from the Dutch symphonic metal band is the follow-up to 2020’s Apocalypse & Chill, and is scheduled to be released in February next year, via Napalm Records. Rejoining the fold and bolstering DELAIN’s continuity are original guitarist Ronald Landa and original drummer Sander Zoer, while new members - terrific vocalist Diana Leah and bassist Ludovico Cioffi - continue to evolve their sound. Dark Waters follows the chart-breaking Apocalypse & Chill (2020), integrating the most refined sounds in the genre. The upcoming album will be the first album to feature the reshaped lineup of the band, with new vocalist Diana Leah and bassist Ludovico Cioffi and returning guitarist Ronald Landa and original drummer Sander Zoer joining with band mastermind Martijn Westerhold.

day ago Dan Patlansky Announces New Album ‘Movin’ On’, New Single ‘Who I Am’ And April 2024 UK Headline Tour DELAIN has started a thrilling new chapter and is ready to storm the globe again. After experiencing a lineup change in 2021, Martijn Westerholt (founder/main songwriter/keys) was rejoined by long-time members Ronald Landa (guitars) and Sander Zoer (drums). In early 2022, DELAIN was further strengthened by the addition of Diana Leah (vocals) and Ludovico Cioffi (bass) completing their dynamic lineup in time to record the band’s highly anticipated seventh studio album DARK WATERS which was released via Napalm Records on February 10, 2023. Delain Announces 'Dark Waters' Album, Shares 'Beneath' Single". Blabbermouth.net. 29 November 2022 . Retrieved 12 December 2022. Queen of Shadow”merges the orchestral and synth-focused soundscapes DELAIN is known for as it weaves melodic heavy guitars that intertwine with orchestral lines and vocal melodies. The vocal department holds new adventures with guest singer Paolo Ribaldini, who also highlights the hauntingly beautiful “Beneath” as the ultimate hymn. Hovering close to the original DELAIN sound, it combines synth themes and metal riffs to create an incredible fusion between pop and heavy soundscapes, topped off with a brain-spinning guitar solo.In truth, "Dark Waters" is a considerable departure from the streamlined and faux-futuristic vibe of "Apocalypse & Chill". While always armed with huge hooks, DELAIN's seventh album spirals around a vast, billowing barrage of gothic guitars, with strong echoes of the post-punk '80s and an almost equal debt to the spectral sonic mists of funeral doom. When applied to Westerholt's now elegant and refined songwriting, which continually veers between AOR/pop-metal sparkliness and flamboyant, fantasy world finesse, the result is a strange mixture of the box-fresh and the tried and tested. As a reinvention, it's convincing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment