276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Delay, Don't Deny: Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can use this as a time to strengthen your intermittent fasting practice rather than allowing it to fall by the wayside. I cleaned up my diet while doing some research on living on a food-stamp budget. Less eating out, more eating at home. Joined a co-op and started getting lots of fruit and vegetables to play with. In the next few weeks I read Gin's other books, as well as a few others including The Obesity Code by Jason Fung. I have always felt that knowledge is power and all of this information was so awesome. I could barely contain my excitement. Over time, that group grew. People started wandering in off of the Facebook street, which felt weird, but because I LOVE intermittent fasting, and I am a teacher at my core, we welcomed them into the group and they became part of the family. Everyone wanted to know how to get started, but there wasn’t a book that had all of the most updated information all in one place-- so I wrote one. That was the birth of Delay, Don’t Deny: Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle, which I self-published in 2016.

I began slowly gaining weight around 10 years ago. I attribute this to a time of extreme stress which caused me to quit caring for myself physically. Prior to this I had always been what most would consider thin. It took a few years for the weight gain to become visible to others, and even then, most would not have considered it extreme. It wasn’t until about 2015 that it really became noticeable.Aug - Gained 5 pounds! Still relaxing my window. Enjoying last days of summer! Hurricane evacuation! 😧 See? I told you…this is very much a love story. I have fierce love for the moderator team, and we have formed some of the strongest and most genuine friendships of my life. I have never known a more generous group of people. Well, that’s not true. I was a teacher for 28 years, and I knew a lot of generous-hearted teachers and school support staff over the years. The moderators have the same selfless and generous nature that you find among teachers, health care workers, and other “helpers.” I’m sure you know what I mean. Then I hit my 40s. I was up to 158. That's 20 lbs. over my wedding weight. I'm 5'6. I tried countingmacros. I was eating more and losing weight painfully slowly--5 lbs in 3 months. I was happy I wasn't gaining and it was summer time. By August I was tired of the slow process. We were both so busy last year trying to get her through chemo (she went into the hospital for five days, every 3 weeks, for a total of 6 treatments) that our eating habits got out of hand. As she mentioned (below), they told her to eat whatever and whenever and that is exactly what we did. And because I adore her and she is my hero, I was there with her for every bite! LOL. My story begins like a lot of the other stories I have seen. I am 49, but most of my life I have dieted or at the very least obsessed over my diet. I was always the bigger kid growing up, probably not by huge difference but in my mind, I was always big! I had my first child at eighteen and probably put on over 70 pounds. I prayed each time at the end going to my OB that I wouldn’t top 200. I went on to have 2 more children and at 26 I was settled into motherhood and always had weight to lose,..I would say anywhere from 30 up to 80 pounds more than I needed. At 30 years old I began slowly running and at 33 I did my first Chicago marathon and 2 years later I did my second. I truly enjoyed running and did manyraces, includingseveral half marathons, and completed 2 full marathons. I was very focused on accomplishing running goals and weight loss came as a result. I continued running until a few years ago after a long struggle with increasing right foot pain, which I learned was a stress fracture that left me in a boot for 3 months, I suffered from some plantar fasciitis after and it took its toll on me emotionally and physically.

Thank you to many of the IFers in the DDD community: Gin, Kim, Sheri, Jeethah - for sharing your stories ❤️ As with many things Melanie loves (think Native, JoovI remember one day when there was some kind of blowup that made everyone mad, and one guy said, “I can’t believe Gin would allow this conversation. I am leaving and I will never follow her again or read another of her books.” I hadn’t been a part of the conversation or even seen it, because I was at work doing my job, but that day it all got really REAL, because I understood all of a sudden at that moment: people were holding me responsible for what went on even when I wasn’t there. That added a layer of pressure that hadn’t been there before. Suddenly, it wasn’t quite as much fun as it had been. That’s the day Facebook became my job rather than just a passion project. Jan - Delay, “Donut” Deny girl 🍩! Excited, high, I can do this! OMG can I do this?? UGH when is lunch?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment