276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Only Suspect: A 'twisting, seductive, ingenious' thriller from the bestselling author of The Other Passenger

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He remembered waking up next to her in the morning with horror in his heart, and how, after dressing, he’d been irresistibly drawn to the bedroom window, which had a view across the road of steel barriers at the top of the steps, the tangled wilderness beyond. The Only Suspect is a tantalising domestic mystery that had me on edge from the very beginning of this story to the end.

The Only Suspect by Louise Candlish - Bookliterati Book Reviews The Only Suspect by Louise Candlish - Bookliterati Book Reviews

It was also longlisted for the Theakston Old Peculier Crime Novel of the Year Award and the Specsavers National Book Awards.

The steps taken towards the close of The Only Suspect was masterful, I couldn’t predict where Louise Candlish was going with her latest release! I loved The Only Suspect: a heady dose of mid-’90s nostalgia, with trademark whiplash twists and satire. As always Louise Candlish has written a taut, unsettling, compulsive and ingenious novel with gasp-out-loud twists and fatally flawed characters forced into tragedy by circumstances. Eventually, she revealed that she was married to a controlling man, Drew Stanley, and their luxury home in Silver Vale was virtually her prison.

The Only A Perfectly Executed Thriller: Read Our Review of The Only

Rick embarks on a reltionship with Marina who works in the same office block as himselself, but it’sa relationship made on secrets and lies and is doomed to fail. If so, then the latest psychological fiction novel with a complex but clever storyline is sure to be an exciting read for you! A couple of threads didn’t quite resolve enough for me, but I suspect it would have been too neat if everything had been perfectly wound up. Although readers may guess some of the early links between the two narrative strands, there are bigger twists to come. A tale of jeopardy, passion, fixation, lies, deceit and envy, The Only Suspect is a duplicitous piece of modern psychological fiction.While it did ratchet up the suspense in the sense that I REALLY wanted to get to the point and find out how if my predictions were correct (spoiler: they were) but I was waaaayyyy too tempted to skip ahead vs. Filled with deception,love and flawed characters, l flew through this tense mystery trying to work out what wasn’t right , the twists that I didn’t see coming …. As the landscapers get to work, Alex struggles to quell his fears that a deadly secret will be uncovered.

The Only Suspect by Louise Candlish | Waterstones The Only Suspect by Louise Candlish | Waterstones

He is afraid a secret that he has kept will be discovered and his comfortable suburban life with his wife Beth will be destroyed.Back in the current time, we follow Alex and Beth who lived the suburban dream in Silver Vale, where Alex was a perfect husband . The characters rise from the page in a moving study of loneliness, desperation, shame and public prurience. They’re complete opposites so it’s Rollo who becomes suspicious of Marina who seems too good to be true and puts a lot of boundaries around her relationship with Rick.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment