276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eve MotionBlinds Upgrade Kit for Roller Blinds– Motor to upgrade existing indoor blinds (Apple HomeKit), schedules, no bridge, Bluetooth/Thread, White

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Together with Eve and Coulisse OmniaBlinds makes smart roller shades powered by Eve MotionBlinds available to everyone no matter where they live in the world. With the integration of Thread, Coulisse and Eve take a head start on the connected home future that awaits the blinds industry”, says Christiaan Roetgering, owner and CEO of Coulisse. ”By enabling installation, automation and control directly on the iPhone, Eve MotionBlinds are the perfect complement to our fully integrated window coverings offering.” After spending time using the product in various forms (automations, Siri, etc.), I think it would be great paired with the Wemo Stage Controller where one button press would open all of your blinds and another close them. Wrap Up So clearly, these work well in a HomeKit environment and connect seamlessly to any existing Thread network. How much do they cost and where do you get them?

Looking for Eve MotionBlinds review ?. Top-rated smart roller blinds by Apple Insider, HomeKit news, Apple2fan, and other independent media all over the world. You first activate the blinds by plugging in the included 3-meter USB cable into them. You also use this port to recharge the blinds. Eve hasn’t said how long the battery lasts and I’d recommend using a portable phone charging battery to move from blind to blind when recharging. Attaching the other end of the cable to a power source turns the blinds on, as indicated by a little green LED. Presumably, you’d activate the blinds first and then install them over a window. Eve Systems is a German company that builds connected home products in-house that integrate flawlessly and securely with HomeKit support. They are collaborating with Coulisse, an amazing window coverings manufacturer from Holland that owns the brand MotionBlinds. Which makes the eve shades experience easier and more user-friendly than ever before. If you do all that, it'll automatically show up in the HomeKit app, so I see no reason not to use the Eve app; other than having one more app on your device you'll just hide away in a folder. The favorite position is a nice touch, as I do tend to keep my existing smart shades open at a specific point every day that provides light but prevents glare.One thing to note – Although I show it plugged in, it does operate on battery power. I cannot verify for this review, but Eve says it will last for nearly a year on a single charge depending on usage. A long USB-C cord is included to charge without unmounting them. If you want to retrofit the Eve shades motor to motorize your existing blinds and shades your blinds need the exact same dimensions on the tube as we use. That said it is not likely that you are able to motorize your existing shades with Eve MotionBlinds. Even before working directly in Information Technology, Josh had a passion for technology. He rooted Android phones and flashed custom ROMs on them; gamed on all major consoles and with his PCs; and built his own computers. The new eve shade motor is available to Coulisse retailers and manufacturers to use for the roller shades that they are building and selling to their customers. All data and intelligence are stored locally on the eve blinds motor, which means data exchanged in the home stays in the home.

Before we get into the full review, though, I want to cover a moment of transparency. This is the second review unit Eve sent me. The first didn't work on arrival, every attempt to set up the blinds failed. During confirmation, the roller would move up and down a few inches, then stop, and I'd get a failure message. Upon closer inspection, I discovered the antennae wires had wrapped around the motor and one ripped away from the unit. Eve tells me this is a design flaw and will be corrected in the final retail unit. The First Thread-Enabled Smart Blinds Does the LED not flash red after it has been green? Then repeat the steps of putting the motor in/out of transport mode until the LED briefly flashes red after the LED has been green. There are a few more setup steps that require the Eve app. However, I can understand why that is. And it only takes a minute or two.

Smartblinds powered by Eve MotionBlinds

Activate the motor by plugging in a powered USB-C cable. Then, pull once shortly to make sure the motor is responding. Overall, the Eve Motion Blinds are relatively quiet and smooth. Having not used other smart blinds, I can’t compare their sound or speed. Since these work with HomeKit though, I did test scheduling and automation. Note that if you don’t have a Thread network, the blinds also support Bluetooth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment