276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Divot Board - Patented Low Point and Swing Path Trainer - Instant Feedback. Anytime. Anywhere - See Your Swing Path and Learn Every Time You Hit The Ball!

£95.15£190.30Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first thing to look at is the direction of the divot. Is it right, left, or straight at your target? Position the board so that the ball is aligned with your intended target. Set up to the ball that is on the board as if it were going to hit a shot on a golf course or driving range. Yes, you can buy a new pad for a fraction of the price of the original investment. This replacement pad is easy to install and should last between 1,000 to 3,000 adult swings. If it’s a junior using the device, it can last up to 6,000 swings! Is this like the DownUnder board? When the tiny sequins start to detach from the mat, then you’ll know it’s time to replace it. The good news is that you don’t need to replace the entire board. The Divot Board has removable inserts, which you can see in this video. Replacing a Divot Board pad Then, it’s time to analyze and assess your divot to make necessary swing changes as needed. Assessing Your Divot

We show you how to replace your Divot Board pad to insure that the sequins point the right way and you have a stong adhesion between to board and the new pad. Typically, players get away with striking behind the ball on a range mat (as it just bounces up and gives the player a false-sense of competence). However, when using the Divot Board, even though a fat shot is more forgiving than on grass, you’re going to see your error visually. But, you could use them together if you want a full swing session. The same goes for the Orange Whip Balance trainer as well, which is a similar device to help with balance. Final Thoughts on the Divot Board While I absolutely love this product, and I foresee it becoming a vital part of my practice routine, there are some things you should be aware of. It Is Raised Off the Hitting Surface While the direction is important, don’t forget about the depth of the divot as well. While you won’t actually take any turf with you on this training aid, you can still get a good idea of the depth.

Testimonials

While amateur golfers might make some bad moves and end up hitting grass, then the golf ball. This results in all kinds of mishits. Ideally, you want it about 1-2 inches in front of the golf ball to ensure you hit down and through the shot. Most golfers don’t have access to a grass driving range. Because of the high costs of maintenance, you see more golf clubs switching to artificial turf. As such, hitting off mats is the tradeoff we all make. In my 25 years playing golf, I would say 95%+ of my range sessions are on hitting mats, and I believe it’s had a somewhat negative influence on my ground interaction on the course. For example, maybe you’re too far over the top and the divot is always left of the target. Or, maybe you’re too shallow, and your divot is facing right.

The Divot Board’s brilliance is its simplicity. All you do is place the ball on the circle, hit your shot, and you’ll get a clear visual indication of what happened. Here is a video showing some examples of striking different parts of the board. Do you have more questions about this cool new training aid? If so, hopefully we have answers in the FAQ section below. Do you hit real golf balls with it? The cool thing about this board is that it’s incredibly easy to use, unlike most training aids. You can take this thing right out of the box, grab a club, and start making swings.How your golf club interacts with the turf is perhaps one of the most important ball-striking fundamentals. However, it is rarely spoken about in the instructional world for many reasons. The mat has a strong rubber base with a removable board that has sequins on it. When your club touches the surface, it clearly changes from green to white. I’ll be honest, I don’t know if that’s a saying or not, but it’s 100% true. If you’ve been playing the game for any amount of time, you know that a divot can tell the full story of a golf shot.

If your divot is left, you’re pulling the ball. If your divot right, you’re pushing the ball. What the ball does in the air is then determined by the clubface at impact. Plus, the size and location of the divot can tell you a lot about your swing as well. Whether you’re looking for a golf gift for someone else (or yourself), or just want to get some seriously productive practice in during the winter months, this is going in my “must-have” pile for golfers.When you get a better understanding of these laws of golf, it makes it much easier to change your swing as needed. Using the Divot Board will give you a sense of how your golf swing is moving, without having to think much about it Unfortunately, we don’t always get to practice on real grass and see what story the divot actually tells. A lot of golfers have to practice indoors or outside on mats, especially during winter months. Your swing will change the turf from green to white where a normal divot would appear. After you finish the swing, now it’s time to do some detective work and read your divot. Is it straight at your target? Right? Left?

If you push the golf ball, your divot will be to the right of your target. Just like the other example, the face at impact will determine if it’s a push cut, straight push, or push draw. With the Divotboard, the inventor is conservatively estimating 2 000 swings of functional use – but he even has testers still going strong after 6000 hits. To make the most of this new golf gadget, you want to make sure you have adequate room to use it. While the dimensions itself are small (22” long x 6” wide), you need to have enough room to swing the club. Plus, you want to make sure you have a sturdy surface to use the board as well. When you stand on grass, typically the ball (which weighs less) sits on top of the blades of grass, while your feet sink into the grass more (as you weigh more). Thus, having the ball slightly above foot level is better to replicate the on-course situation.With this device, you’ll also notice if you don’t get any divot at all. If the grass barely changes from green to white, you’re likely going to thin the ball and sail the green. If you watch golf on TV, I’m sure you’ve seen this when they use the slow motion camera to illustrate the point. A player will hit the ball, then the grass, leaving the divot well ahead of the ball. After completing my round, I did what every golf-obsessed person does: Practiced chipping and putting. I also noticed that the Acu-Strike’s bottom surface does not “cling” to the mat. They do offer a velcro attachment, but I felt that didn’t keep in place nearly as well as the Divot Board’s bottom.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment