276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Humans: Matt Haig

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Politeness is often fear. Kindness is always courage. But caring is what makes you human. Care more, become more human. The Humans is a story about an alien who is sent to earth to stop an important mathematical discovery that would advance human development beyond our capacity to control it. Shrigley, Matt Haig to Canongate". Archived from the original on 20 April 2010 . Retrieved 25 May 2010.

Kidd, James (29 November 2015). "Matt Haig interview: The writer hopes his new book will help him banish the ghosts of Christmas past". The Independent. Archived from the original on 12 May 2022 . Retrieved 2 October 2016.The Vonnadorians believe that by destroying proof of the Riemann hypothesis, they are saving the cosmos from the ravages of humanity. Do you think humanity would be capable of coexisting peacefully with other space-traveling cultures? Why or why not? These initial attempts to fit into human society may not have been completely successful, but they improve a little, thanks not only to his superior Vonnadorian intelligence but also to the fact that the late Professor Martin was evidently the kind of mathematical genius who could quite conceivably have had a breakdown that would leave him running around Corpus Christi college in the nude.

I can see why someone would be put in a mental health institution if someone behaved like the alien was, but I thought it was pretty much ignored (could have done more with it) - it rang false to me but it may be a cultural thing. I know it was necessary for the plot, but I hated the killings in this, it made feel bad and sorry for the families and it genuinely made it harder for me to like the protagonist although I realize his situation.The Vonnadorians’ attitude toward the humans is one of scorn and condescension. Different cultures in science fiction stories or movies have different approaches to societies that are less technologically sophisticated than they are—domination or suppression, noninterference, or support are the three main options. Which do you think is right? Why?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment