276°
Posted 20 hours ago

How to Win at Chess: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners and Beyond

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.

This chapter is fifteen pages of brilliance, especially for a beginner-intermediate player, and I wish more of the book was like this. I've followed his content a bit less in the past year, but Levy's recaps and analyses of the Word Chess Championship between Ding and Nepo were amazing! Although additional content is of course welcome, I think that your mileage may vary depending on your perspectives on this.

Even FIDE GM Hikara Nakamura, the world's third highest ranked player behind Fabiano Caruana of the U. The design of the book is clean and deliberate and there are a few boxes with fun facts that make the otherwise dense material feel lighter. It would also be a good choice for more formal instruction, for chess clubs' libraries, gaming clubs, and similar.

While the book is excellent for beginners, and visually guides the reader through different situations on the board, I felt that the book was written to someone slightly below my level. I started this book not knowing anything about chess but now I can frustrate people with my knowledge of the London system. His forthcoming book, titled “How to Win at Chess: The Ultimate Guide for Beginners and Beyond” is scheduled for release on October 24. During the pandemic, his educational and often snappy – sometimes almost bitchy – but always educational videos on chess really blew up and he has since established himself in the world of the online chess community.

How to Win at Chess is a thought-provoking and information dense chess monograph by Levy Rozman (GothamChess). The examples enabled the author to use creative license - but the responses were not anything a sane chess player would respond with. Other than as a taster and introduction to the existence of the Vienna, a reader who is not familiar with this opening will not develop a meaningful understanding of it in either the book text or the online content. However, I think for intermediate chess players and up who want something meatier, it might not be the best choice.

I love making the game fun and accessible to everyone, which I hope will become clear to you in the chapters ahead. Well, literally a minute ago, Levy asked me (and three thousand others) on his Twitch stream to review his book and give him 5 stars.At the end of each chapter is a QR code that goes to online material on Rozman's chess course platform, Chessly.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment