276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Good Art Does Not Sell Itself: The Artist's Definitive Guide to Visibility and Opportunities

£5.495£10.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’m constantly amazed when people assume that I must be meditating while I work. There’s a myth going around that artwork is in some way relaxing. Well, I’m sorry but let me put the record straight. This drawing took me three weeks and did my bleedin’ head in.’ There are no ethical considerations. All the prospect needs to know is how much you are asking and it’s up to them if the cost is a fair exchange for the pleasure it gives them. Cheap art is devalued. That’s not to say you can’t sell cheap prints, you can, but only as a selling strategy with other more expensive addons or upsells.

Ever wondered why some pile of talentless crap gets all the attention when the good art remains completely ignored? I’ll tell you why your art doesn’t sell. Confidence is everthing. If you have never used the card reader before, familiarize yourself beforehand. Have your written receipts pre-filled and ready. Most people buy pictures, not art. The buyer is not invested in you, your talent, or your message. Your time and effort mean nothing to them. Why should it? They don’t know you and they won’t care about your art UNTIL they care about YOU! Getting Artwork Ready: In section two we discuss the steps you need to take before selling your art and taking part in opportunities. This is to ensure a level of professionalism throughout your art career. Good Art Does Not Sell Itself is split into three main sections, helping you to follow a path to success.Mindset & Habits: The first section includes daily habits and small changes you can make. Day-to-day struggles and responsibilities can often get in the way of your practice, this section provides advice on refocusing your time and mindset on creating. In this book, Shirley-Ann O’Neill and Laura O’Hare have interviewed dozens of artists and art industry experts to bring you guidance and insight into the world of art sales. Good Art Does Not Sell Itself uses case studies, across all genres of art to answer the question, ‘how do I sell my art?’ There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to pricing your art. Don’t believe ther formulas you see online, they don’t mean anything really. It doesn’t seem right, does it? It’s not fair and there’s no justice. You won’t find merit instantly rewarded, not even in the art world. Most sales are emotional and impulsive. You must sieze the moment and follow through with an easy transaction. Any delay or glitch can scupper your sale and break the spell that created the desire in the first place.

Opportunities: This section caters to artists of any level, whatever the opportunity, we have the advice, from gallery representation to licensing, from art agents to NFT’s, we give professional insight, for wherever your career takes you.It’s so easy to lose a sale and so hard to gain one. The easiest way to lose a customer is to make it difficult to pay instantly. They can neither draw nor paint very well, yet they still manage to sell their work and even get to teach what they don’t know! People actually pay them to paint badly. What are all these other guys doing that’s supposed to be so damn special? How the hell do they do it? All you need to do is factor in the psychology of selling. If something is very cheap the instant reaction of the public is to wonder why? What’s wrong with it?

There are no investments to make. The chances of your art increasing in value are so remote that it shouldn’t even enter your mind.

Customer reviews

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment