276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olixar Wireless Bluetooth Headset Dongle Compatible With Sony PlayStation 5 - Connect Wireless Headphones Or Earphones To Your PS5 (Instructions Included)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This Sony headset is filled with stark contrasts. On the one hand, it has fantastic audio for its price, it pairs well with the PS5, and the 3D audio system is genuinely immersive. Its battery is also more than sufficient for long gaming marathons. On the other hand, it's uncomfortable to wear for those long periods of time, and you don't even need it to get the best audio the PS5 has to offer. The following test group has been updated following TB 1.6: Wireless Connection (Dongle). There have also been text changes made throughout the review, including to the usages and product comparisons to match these results. But most actual full range headphones with low OHMS are required to be wired, and typically need an external amp to properly drive them. There really aren’t any wireless headphones that allow uncompressed audio, I can’t think of any from Focal or seinheiser for instance. There are so many different gaming headsets on the market that it can be difficult to find the best option for your platform of choice. Sony has made this decision easier by launching its own official headset for the PS5.

The app searches for the PS5 console or PS4 console that you’ve signed in to using your account, and then connects to the console automatically. After the app connects, the screen of your console displays on your PC or Mac and you can start using Remote Play. If multiple consoles are found, select the console that you'd like to use. Even without Tempest, the Pulse 3D sounds great on PS4 and PC. Replaying the opening of God of War (2018), the sound of Kratos lumbering through the woods came through clean and clear. Though I have to admit, jumping to it directly from a Tempest-augmented game made it much easier to detect that the audio was coming from a limited number of directions.For the money, you’re getting quite a lot of product: the Pulse 3D headset comes with a USB dongle (for pairing with compatible devices), a USB-A to USB-C charging cable and a 3.5mm cable for wiring the connection. It has two built-in microphones, plus a left earcup brimming with buttons: the power switch, USB-C port and 3.5mm port are joined by a mic mute button, volume controls and a game/party chat audio mix adjuster. In terms of battery life, Sony claims that the Pulse 3D Wireless Headset should last about 12 hours on a single charge, and we found that claim to be pretty accurate, give or take an hour depending on how loud we listened to music and if we forgot to turn them off after we were done using them for the day. Regarding weight, the Pulse 3D weighs in at 295 grams, which is about average for a pair of over-ear headphones. The cans themselves house medium-sized 40mm drivers and the clamping force of the headphones – i.e. how much pressure the cups put on your head - is just enough to keep them on without them falling off. It also supports spatial 3D audio for select PlayStation games, allowing the player to determine which direction sound is coming from within the game’s environment. From the second time onwards, you'll be able to select the console that you connected to previously.

At the risk of repeating myself, for the money the Pulse 3D headset is a remarkably well-built product. Given that it’s made entirely from plastic, it does feel a tad cheap but, unlike many similarly priced headsets, the Pulse 3D doesn’t clamp your head too firmly. Better yet, the foamy, faux leather ear cups are spacious and comfortable enough for prolonged use. Plus, for the fans, Sony has made sure to reuse the DualSense controller’s unique texture (made of tiny circles, squares, crosses and triangles) on the Pulse 3D’s headband. Since the Pulse 3D headset has a USB dongle, plenty of other devices besides the PlayStation 5 are compatible with it.Obviously, today, we don't need to solely rely on 2 microphones attached to a dummy head as audio processors handle all the math to simulate the same result as the binaural recording methods. Compared to the Platinum Wireless Headset, we found the volume to be a little lower overall, although there’s still more than enough oomph to the speakers – you’ll just need to turn the volume up a notch higher than maybe you’d expect. Unfortunately, the built-in microphones, while serviceable, are of a pretty low quality, and while they’ll get the job done for traditional in-game chat, you’re not going to want to use them for anything other than that. When you select Settings, you can configure video quality settings for Remote Play such as resolution and frame rate. Both devices use "custom-designed planar magnetic drivers", which we won't pretend to understand but appears to be a Good Thing. Apparently, the Pulse Explore earbuds will be one of the first sets to utilise this tech. These headphones also make use of PlayStation Link, which is a technology that works to streamline wireless audio. "This innovation delivers low latency, lossless audio and easy switching between multiple PlayStation Link hosts such as PS5 with the USB adapter and PlayStation Portal," the PS Blog says.

Using a script or add-on that scans GameFAQs for box and screen images (such as an emulator front-end), while overloading our search engine Unfortunately, that 12 hours is around three hours less than comparable headphones from Astro, Razer, Turtle Beach and other headphone makers, but it shouldn't be a deal-breaker unless you're someone who can never remember to plug your headphones in at the end of the day. (Don't worry, we're guilty of it, too.) As for the audio itself, I found it to be sufficiently punchy, if a little unclean in busy scenarios when compared to more expensive peripherals. That being said, it is astounding for the price. It produces a loud and thoroughly enjoyable sound profile that really shines regardless of the genre you’re diving into. MicrophoneThere’s an oddly obscured indicator light near the power button, on the side of the ear cup just under the end of the frame. The light is only visible from certain angles, which means you’ll have to think carefully about the headset’s resting/charging position if you plan to rely on it. Turn the headset on, and it should automatically pair with the dongle. You may see some prompts appear on the screen recommending you to install some drivers to ensure the headset works properly.

We've retested 'App Support' and 'PlayStation Compatibility' due to a firmware update on the PS5 that offers sound customization features. Little moments like this kept popping up. I could feel the rushing, crashing waterfalls in the distance and orient myself around them. I was even more aware of the BTs—spooky, mostly invisible enemies you have to dodge in the game while staying as quiet as you can. Their groans and dull howls felt claustrophobic but distinctly tied to their location. In one instance, hearing the sound of a BT, and more importantly, figuring out where that sound was coming from, helped me avoid walking directly into one.I'd be hesitant to say 3D audio is completely revolutionary, but for playthrough of a game I've already loved for a while, it added an extra layer of immersion I wasn't expecting. And yet, I could be saying this of any gaming headset. The Pulse 3D headset sounds fantastic and works well with the Tempest 3D audio system, but 3D soundscapes aren't an exclusive experience. You'll get an immensely more enjoyable experience with a headset like SteelSeries' Arctis 1, which costs the same.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment