276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus EE-1 Dot Sight for Cameras with Hot Shoe,Black

£39.995£79.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Olympus EE-1 Dot Sight is an externally- mounted rifle scope for cameras with hot shoe or cold shoe and helps when photographing far away or fast-moving subjects. This also applies to accessories that are supplied with the camera including batteries which may have a lower optimum performance level/life expectancy. It doesn't matter if the alignment is a degree or 2 off because the sight has alignment screws for shooting adjustment.

It folds down to about twice the size of the mini electronic flash included with all high-end Olympus cameras, and uses a cheap CR2032 battery that lasts quite a long time.If you set your sight up for say 20 metres, when the subject is much closer just mentally allow for it by aiming the red dot just above the subject. Unlike the dedicated mini flash, it does not draw power from the camera, which means it can be used on any camera, or even off-camera. I know the point of the dot sight is to not use the viewfinder, but I also noticed it on my back screen as well.

The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. For action and nature photography, a great deal of practice and experience is required before your percentage of successful shots increases.

The advantage of using the EE-1 when shooting is that you can keep your camera further away from your eyes and keep track of what is going on around your subject. First, a micro-43 camera with a hefty telephoto lens is a baby, in terms of size and weight, in comparison with an SLR camera with a bright telephoto giant.

After that, I could photograph moving subjects, by using the Olympus EE-1 DOT SIGHT, instead of looking through my viewfinder.

The number of tests depends on the individual product but we are confident in this product having tested all the major functions. Clearly, subject recognition eliminated the problem of slight misalignment of the reticle dot and the camera focus point. This product has been thoroughly tested by our team of photographers and we are happy to give a 6 month warranty as a result.

Once the red-dot sight is calibrated (see below), hold the camera while looking through the red-dot sight with your right eye (most people do not need to close the left eye while doing this), move the camera to place the target pattern right on top of the subject, or on the part of the subject that you want to place at the center of the frame, then shoot a sequence and let AF and IS do the rest. You lose so much field of view in your peripheral vision that finding and tracking subjects quickly becomes a real problem. with the EE-1 dot sight, I could follow up the devil bird 90% of the time and the camera was able to finally lock in time and take the shot.

I have been considering the Olympus EE-1 Dot Sight for my new M Zuiko100-400mm zoom, because I struggle at 100mm to acquire, let alone track BIF. This should then result in you being able to use the dot sight to focus on subjects in the distance.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment