276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Blade Runner [Blu-ray]

£2£4Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's clear that a huge effort was made in cleaning up the film as the source looks as though it was created recently as opposed to twenty-five years ago. Blade Runner The Final Cut arrives for the first time on 4K Ultra HD courtesy of Warner Brothers in a four-disc + Digital HD set. Up to that point, I'd only seen Harrison Ford flying around space, cracking whips while punching Nazis, and help some friendly Amish people raise a barn.

The graphic gore from the old 1982 International version (which was missing from the 1992 Director's Cut) has also been re-added.

People looking for ‘3D pop’, for hyper-real clarity, for a full-on surround impact are going to be disappointed, but then again, if you’re expecting a 30 year old film.

And since I didn't have it in my sci-fi and fantasy collection, I do it now (along with space odyssey 2001). Nowhere is this more apparent than in the score, which has a much warmer tone while still retaining the cool allure of its '80s electronic elements. It became an instant favorite of mine since I was 10 years old and has remained that way for the last 25 years. The film has sparked so many imitators and has influenced such a wide variety of filmmakers, that it is the very embodiment of a true film classic. Jordan Cronenweth's trend-setting cinematography can now be fully appreciated -- particularly his stunning use of light and shadow.Whether you're brand new to the film or you've seen it so many times that you actually know what a "Tannhauser Gate" is, 'The Final Cut' is for you. Now, fifteen years after the faux-"Director's Cut," Warner has at last coughed up for Scott's definitive version, giving us the long-awaited 'The Final Cut,' which is essentially the "Director's Cut" with a series of tweaks. Introduction by director Ridley Scott Three filmmaker commentaries, including one by Ridley Scott Disc 2: Definitive documentary incorporating outtakes, deleted scenes and all-new interviews. It’s also been nearly five years since I last watched my favourite movie, and hopefully I’ll have lost enough familiarity with it to stay glued to the screen for the duration. As you get closer and closer to the practical models, you can see all of the little nooks and crannies with an appreciable amount of detail and depth.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment