276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Ladybird Book of the Meeting (Ladybirds for Grown-Ups)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Indeed, there is so much information captured in so few words, it’s entirely possible this review has a higher word count than the book. Arguably, this makes the book one of the most fact-rich business texts available today, a powerhouse of business knowledge that punches well above its weight, which is exactly 127 grams. Coldplay's singer Chris Martin has spent weeks working with an important stylist. They have come up with an exciting look for the band's new tour.

Look out of the window. Can you recognise simple shapes or colours? Is there a moon or a sun in the sky? What sort of a name might you have? Where might there be bacon?' Then there are examples of people making early morning arrangements to attend meetings [I once attended a so-called 'breakfast' meeting so I mischievously took in cereals and bowls] and then the meeting-speak is explored with all sorts of buzz words and phrases being used, many of which often were unknown to the participants but in my experience only rarely did anyone speak up and ask what things meant. Members of one meeting in the book delighted in using some of the new words and could not resist keep reusing such as 'upskilling'. So much so that another member of the said meeting commented, 'Jethro is really upcheesing me.' The Ladybird Book of The Meeting, by J.A. Hazeley and J.P. Morris, is one in a series of Ladybird books for grown-ups written to help them cope with the world around them. My daughter gave it to my husband on Fathers’ Day and it is the only book he has successfully finished reading this year. This probably says something about shortening attention spans in our modern world, or maybe just about him.

Where these books differ from the old Ladybird series for younger readers is that the tone of the text is sardonic and, for the most part, sarcastic. The authors clearly have some experience of meetings and didn’t much enjoy it, and that comes across wonderfully here. Indeed, it’s the particular meetings that I have direct experience of that made me laugh the most, particularly the one about the self-employed person. And when Donald is told it is time to stop being the President, who knows what exciting things will happen next?' Rachel and Robert's neighbour Mrs Vavasour has complained to the council about their hedge, their cat and the colour of their front door. Explore other essential life companions in the Ladybird Books of The People Next Door, The Zombie Apocalypse, The Meeting, and more. Read more Details As with all the books in this series we are given simple explanations about the topic with pictures from childhood Ladybird books and a simple but highly amusing explanation.

As a child, I loved the simplicity of the Ladybird books, as they were easy to read, very visual and provided as much information on the subject as a child needed. As an adult, I’m forced to spend time in meetings, but I also like to laugh, largely as an antidote to all the meetings. The new Ladybird collection of books for adults helps with the last and the “Ladybird Book of the Meeting” covers all the bases. In this coffee-table book you don't have to, with never before seen covers, excerpts and paraphernalia from the archives, colourfully presented and helpfully divided into the following chapters: So the next guide we need is one on how to dodge boring meetings without being noticed. Funny and entertaining as usual. There will be some who eschew the advice given in the book, who see the challenges presented as an opportunity to develop new, prophetic solutions, and they will be blind to the true nature of the socio-economic driving forces that led to the current challenge orientated workplace.Penguin Random House will release nine new titles in itsLadybird Books for Grown-Ups series for this autumn, including How it Works: The Studentand The Ladybird Book of the Meeting. By the time he graduates, he will be grown-up: exhausted, hideously in debt and unable to imagine going to bed sober. For what it's worth, the books in this series are published in the U.K. as "Ladybirds for Grown-Ups". The "Fireside Grown-Up Guides" are now starting to be published in the U.S. by Simon & Schuster, and are fairly faithful adaptations. Either way you can find them, as Ladybirds or as Fireside Grown-Up Guides, these books are a hoot. Except that the women in Sex And The City never stay in for two weeks watching old episodes of Sex And The City. Over thousands of years, we have developed a special relationship with the animals that share our homes.

This delightful book is part of the Ladybird series specially planned to help grown-ups with the world about them. THE PERFECT GIFT for people who value friendship, uncompromising love, dribble, chewed up furniture and miles and miles of walking to go to the toilet.

Customer reviews

To make this eccentric behaviour seem less like a cry for help or the beginnings of a substantial personal crisis, the do-gooder does it for charity. From the people who gave you classics such as The Ladybird Book of The Hangover and The Ladybird Book of The Mid-Life Crisis, they bring you this collection of what could have been. Imagine a world where there aren't just the thirty-two Ladybird Books for Grown-Ups you've seen in your local bookshop or downstairs toilet but hundreds and hundreds more . . . THE PERFECT GIFT for those who value elegance, affection, cold hearted killing and expensive, clawed to death furniture.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment