276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Jan Ullrich: The Best There Never Was

£12.5£25.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With that Friebe takes a step back and a closer look at the how and why Ullrich’s cycling career and then personal life unravelled as it did, into recreational drug and alcohol abuse, then police custody for assaulting a prostitute, the one comfort from his ultimate fall from grace being that he survived it. Captures the thrill of Ullroch’s 1997 Tour victory in Arcalis, and the annual capitulation to Armstrong. Think of Tyler Hamilton’s The Secret Race, Thomas Dekker’s The Descent, or Racing Through The Dark, The Fall and Rise of David Millar, only what sets Ullrich’s story apart is the level and extent of sabotage and self-destruction that he piled on to his undeniably innate talent, starting with his piling on the weight in the off-season. Sometimes I'd be helping the producers make the programme and other times I'd be getting the lunches.

Jan Ullrich by Daniel Friebe | Waterstones Jan Ullrich by Daniel Friebe | Waterstones

En niet alleen was Ullrich net als Pantani een gevaar voor zichzelf maar ook voor zijn omgeving en dat vind ik nog veel erger!Bianchi were keen to continue the venture into 2004 on the proviso Jan was part of the deal; but Telekom wanted him back, thinking that perhaps that second Tour win was feasible after all?

Jan Ullrich is doing well again, according to former sports Jan Ullrich is doing well again, according to former sports

Ullrich had faced assault charges back in 2018 and wasn't allowed to see his children after splitting with his wife, but on Armstrong's podcast he said that cycling, drinking water and a healthy diet was saving him adding "I hang-out with friends.

This may be surprising for a 'sports book', but should only encourage people to check out this and Daniel Friebe's other work, especially on the wonderful Cycling Podcast with Lionel Birnie and the late Richard Moore RIP.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment