276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Deliverance Lost: Ghosts of Terra (The Horus Heresy)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

What I didn't quite enjoy were things like the absence of Marcus Valerius and the Therion Cohort for most of the book. Band der 'Horus Heresy' Reihe, und konzentriert sich auf die Nachwirkungen des Istvaan V Massakers auf das Imperium. I guess it is time to take a break on the series, perhaps it will look interesting again after a while.

While Fulgrim is absolutely amazing and so much better-written than his other works it makes me suspicious, it would have been better if a skilled author had attempted it. The book's matter of fact descriptions lacked any zest and failed to deliver the emotional doom of Isstvan V or the coming apocalypse of civil war. As for myself, I am happy I gave it another shot instead of declaring "Nevermore" and turning my back on the Raven Guard plotline.Deliverance Lost' has characters with motivations and desires making decisions that have consequences. They're rescued thanks to the psychic vision of an Imperial Guard commander who, frankly, brings nothing to this story, and whose every scene could have been cut. I also want to praise it for the way Gav Thorpe managed to plant the seeds of suspicion within the reader. Leider weiß auch die Gegenseite um dieses Wissen, und die Alpha Legion wird alles daran setzten dieses Wissen im Namen Horuses zu ergattern. A small portion of the book talks of two commanders, Branne Nev and Agapito Nev who are brothers before the start of the Raven Guard with Corax.

This book had action, it had cloak-and-dagger spy shit, it had the asshole Alpha Legion, it had a lot of the science behind the gene-enhancing, and it had one of the more expansive single book stories so far in this series. However, the plot requires alot of interaction between those characters and any shortfalls show up more.J'avoue que, malgré que je n'y connaisse pas grand chose à cette légion, l'Alpha Legion est tout de même assez sympa. He has to get into contact with his father, who is on the planet Terra(Earth), fighting his own battles. It is fitting for the Lord of Ravens in my eyes, and never done to the extent that it would reach into the comical.

The plot itself and the Alpha Legion shenanigans were quite interesting and the conclusion was kinda cool but it was too little too late.Dort erhält der Primark ein wertvolles Geschenk: das Wissen und die Technik das Primarken-Projekt auferstehen zu lassen. This was the first novel that features the Raven Guard as the main characters, and previously Corax had only briefly appeared in past books - during the events of the Dropsite Massacre. In the Horus Heresy series there was first an audio drama about how the remainder of the legion was saved from Isstvan V, and later a short story about an invisible enemy hand behind that rescue, the Alpha Legion.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment