276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Grave New World

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

stunner and for me this is up there with "Autumn" from 'Hero and Heroine'. There are a few folky acoustics tunes that are typical for The followup to From The Witchwood sees Wakeman depart from the band for a bigger career elsewhere, meaning that the Strawbs could only get better from here on!

Heaven' from their previous studio album 'From The Witchwood'. It's a well constructed song with a delightful maniac) and an impeccable melody. A great feeling perspires out of this excellent song which is a highlight albums. Anyway a worthy one if you are a Strawbs fan but I don't think is quite inventive and greatpleasant organ and mellotron lines as well. This is particularly true in the opening Benedictus. It is only a Cousins and Lambert rebuilt the band, adding John Hawken (formerly of The Nashville Teens and Renaissance) on keyboards, Rod Coombes formerly with Stealers Wheel and Chas Cronk on bass. This line-up recorded the 1974 Hero and Heroine and Ghosts, and tended to concentrate on the North American market with relatively little touring in the UK. [1] Strawbs still retain a great fan base today in the US and Canada. Hero And Heroine went platinum in Canada, and both albums sold extremely well in the US too. A further album, Nomadness, recorded without Hawken, was less successful, and was their last for A&M Records. After this killer opening it would be hard to repeat on the flip side. Though it is less explosive the second side with the exception of "Ah Me, Ah My" holds its own very well. The song "Tomorrow" has a hard edge for The Strawbs and at moments reminds one of King Crimson. The Flower And The Young Man' written by Cousins is a beautiful melodic song, with great vocals about the

Cassette: CAM 68078 (A&M, 1973 or later). A&M UK took over producing their own cassettes from 1973 onwards. opinion), boring, simple, and uninspiring folk. The longer songs could have been linked better, which could have been done something from All Things Must Pass. The horns give it an even more eerie Beatle feeling. The lyrics are really pretty good always looks better than today does, a sentiment I share too often. "Is it Today, Lord?" has an eastern feel with the sitar Blue Weaver says: “It was really 'magical' working in Cape Town, especially having such great musicians and an engineer who made my job so easy. It was also wonderful to see how the students reacted to our ways of recording live in the studio and answering their questions. I can't wait to see the documentary, especially the "fly on the wall" video recordings that were made during the sessions.“

Companies, etc.

The beginning of their greatest set of records. "Grave New World" sheds Wakeman who joins Yes and gains an underappreciated co-producer, writer B2, B4, vocals A1, A3, B1, B3-B5, acoustic guitar A1, A3, A5, B1, B2, tambourine A3, 12-string guitar B3, autoharp B5 The lowlights? Well, there's only one blunder, and that's the Leave-it-to-Beaver-esque Ah Me, Ah My. The rest is (in my any more impressive than a Harrison, Stevens, or Drake album would be. Its strength lies in its conceptual themes of aging

Yet another concept album (if memory serves me well: the hope for a better world ensuing the conquest of America), from the previously mainly folk-influenced Strawbs, this is also widely regarded as one of their best, and from their middle period, I must say I quite agree with it being their best - at least their most ambitious and paradoxically I find also their less pretentious, mostly due to the inspired songwriting. Original member Hooper having left by now might just be the strawb (oh well, I just had to try that pun somewhere down the line;-) too far and they will never be the same from this album onwards and just be a shadow of themselves. is an incredible and fantastic song. This is the most powerful song ever made by them and is, perhaps, their best Blue Weaver was the man recruited to substitute Wakeman. He was considered by fans a more than adequate

STRAWBS Grave New World ratings distribution

As with their previous studio album, 'Grave New World' shows the continue movement from the Strawbs' original

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment