276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bayer Garden Arbrex Seal & Heal

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Inclusion of a product does not indicate a recommendation or endorsement by the RHS. It is a list of products currently available to the home gardener. On no account try to remodel the tree all in one year. Old fruit trees do best when you bring on improvements gradually. In my experience an old tree reacts very favourably if 4 or 5 large branches are taken out rather than lots of little snips here and there. How do you trim a Japanese weeping cherry tree? Do you trim everything from the bottom so that the top remains? Bill replies... But what about a situation in which you have just moved house and you’ve found a totally neglected fruit tree in the new garden? What should be done? My cherry tree is eaten alive every year after the flowers fall. What can I do to stop it? Bill replies...

Arbrex About us – Arbrex

I have a fruiting cherry tree and a plum tree. I would like to keep them in a 5 LT plastic pot for now, so what is the best soil to plant them in? Bill replies... I have a small cherry tree which I planted last year. I am re-designing my garden and would like to move the cherry tree, am I able to do this without killing it if so what is the best time of year to do this? Bill replies... On small branches and fruiting spurs: The infection may girdle the stem and kill it in a single season. The bark often flakes off infected smaller twigsYour suggestions make good sense to me, but I would like to ask if because the tree has been stressed four years in a row, would it be less traumatic if I took off only part of the selected trunk, plus one top branch of the preferred trunk this year, and then remove the full selected trunk one year later?” This possible gentler approach is shown in the diagram below. I have a 20 foot high mature white cherry tree with two large limbs growing over the road. Can I take these off now? I believe that mature cherry trees can only be pruned in mid summer. Bill replies... You have to balance the risk of waiting till the summer months to prune your Cherry Tree against one, or even both of the large limbs which are hanging over the road - breaking off and causing damage. You would Jobie be far better using a soil base compost such as John Innes No 2 or, you could use a mixture of a multi purpose compost and John Innes compost. It is important that until your trees get established to keep an eye on the watering and you will also need to feed occasionally throughout the summer months with a liquid fertiliser. If you intend to plant your trees out in the garden you would be far better doing this late autumn when the soil is still warm and the trees are dormant.

Bayer Garden - QD Group

The trunk which is left with the good branches should not be pruned the following winter. The tree will then be resettled.I have a small cherry tree and a number of the branches are dying off. There is a mossy type growth basically spread randomly over most of the branches which I tend to scrape off, how can I treat it Bill? Thank you. Bill replies...

Arbrex – Creatividad, innovación, desarrollo y gestión Arbrex – Creatividad, innovación, desarrollo y gestión

Canker is said to be more serious on wet, heavy and/or acid soils, so pay attention to drainage and raise the soil pH by liming if needed. The majority of the large ornamental cherry trees will grow to a height of twenty five to thirty feet and will produce a very vigorous root system and a lot will depend on whether you want to plant any other small plants or shrubs within your garden. I personally would be inclined to choose an alternative tree species such as Ornamental Crab Apple or Japanese Acer Palmatums Cultivars which would be ideal for your small walled garden.Vitis(grape vine – edible and ornamental types): Prune after leaf fall but before Christmas to be safe. Fungicides for gardeners (Adobe Acrobat pdf documentgiving further details ofwound paintsavailable to gardeners) Links Remove the second trunk. Timing is important! Remove it during the 2nd or 3rd week of August and not before. Often we hear the comment, “I have an old pear tree and an apple tree, but neither seem to do any good.” Let’s compare a tree to ourselves. If we don’t take care of ourselves and never go outside if and when we can, we gradually accumulate all sorts of problems too. You may say, what has that got to do with my fruit trees? Surely they are outside all the time?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment