276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sage the Oracle Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine, Bean to Cup Coffee Machine with Milk Frother, BES980BSS - Brushed Stainless Steel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Alternatively, you can press the same brew button to stop it or press it again for a longer extraction.

the Oracle™ Touch | Sage (UK) - Breville

If you want to eke every subtlety from your single origin coffee beans, then this machine gets closer to exotic professional machines than most. The Oracle Touch, however, takes the concept one huge step further, combining the original’s automatic skills with a friendly, customisable touchscreen interface.

The cup quality I was enjoying every morning with the Oracle and the level of convenience I was also enjoying, never ceased to amaze me. The touchscreen is bright and colourful and the design and graphics are as pleasingly stylish as the Oracle Touch’s physical exterior.

Sage by Heston Blumenthal The Oracle Review - Trusted Reviews

It’s not possible to precisely adjust the brewing temperature, either, and you have to make do with 54mm portafilters rather than the larger 58mm portafilters on the Oracle Touch. Since the Sage Oracle brews coffee like a traditional espresso machine, there is no brew head or dregs container to clean. Thanks to a chunky footprint, it dominates a fair amount of countertop and needs to be on a heatproof surface because the base gets very hot if used to make multiple drinks, one after the other. The problem is, most “normal” coffee drinkers aren't home baristas and have no desire to become one.This also means that, like a professional barista, with the Oracle, you can steam milk and produce espresso at the same time, which means you have your coffee faster. Yes I say a lot of nice things about Sage machines, so there's no reason for them to not want to work with me by sending me machines to play with and so on, but they treated me no differently when they didn't know me from Adam, and I think that says a lot about them as a company. Overall my initial experience with Sage gave me the impression that they're a nice bunch of people, despite the fact that they're one of the biggest coffee machine brands in the world, and my dealings with them over the past several years have confirmed this to be the case. Where machines with fully manual wands move smoothly in an infinitely-adjustable 360-degree arc, thus allowing you to position them in the jug just so, the Oracle’s simply moves back and forth.

Sage the Oracle Semi-Automatic Espresso Machine, Bean to Cup

The Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Oracle Touch is semi-automatic, grinding and tamping away by itself, while you decide the coffee strength or milk texture, with the comfort of hands-free milk foaming. As I mentioned, though, this just comes down to whether you're the only person using the machine or not, if you're not then the convenience of being able to select your drink with your preferred settings is probably going to be something you'll find helpful, but if you're the only person using the machine this step may become slightly irritating. Using separate boilers for milk and coffee, the Oracle Touch produces enough steam pressure to create that ever-elusive micro-foam.

The Oracle has automatic grinding, dosing, tamping and milk texturing, automating the two most difficult parts of manual espresso. Where the cheaper models rely on a temperature sensor embedded in the drip tray – hence it being essential to position the milk jug just so – the Oracle Touch’s thick steam wand has a thermometer hidden in its tip. The Oracle Touch uses 22 grams of fresh ground coffee each time, creating a double shot as standard. The machine gets lovely and hot pretty quickly, too, so everything from the cups on top to the portafilter are all warmed and ready to brew in a few minutes.

Sage Oracle Review Updated, Plus The Oracle Touch. - Coffee Blog

The drip tray spans the width of the machine and slots home with a firm thunk and can handle a surprisingly large amount of water before the warning sign floats upwards and requests you empty it.If you have the budget to invest in the Oracle Touch, it's the coffee equivalent of a flashy car in the garage. It’s up to you to ensure the coffee is extracted at the right speed – as in not spurting forth nor dripping slowly – and to do that you need to adjust the grind size to fine-tune the results. This is a good question, because they are not really bean to cup coffee machines, and they're not really traditional espresso machines either. Not only that, but you can create new coffees, by cloning one of the pre-set coffees, and give it a name of your choice.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment